Saturday, March 3, 2007

Realistic Barbie

                                                        

The pictures were a big hit with the kids and some of the teachers were impressed, too. So now I have a showcase of pictures in the room~ the cast from the skit, the Valentine's dance, the kids that went Caroling, and the girls sitting at the computers. And I took some of the 4x6 pictures of the kids that went to the Nutcracker Ballet, and cut them to fit a cube plexiglass box with six sides. I love it, because it looks like a Glass Box. I love recognizing the kids for what they have done.

It has been hard to recruit more kids into the program with all the testing going on in February, and the principal says she doesn't want any more LEP kids into the program. If I need to add them in, I will, because I have to meet the numbers. I have to get 30 more kids into the program by the end of the month or they will not qualify next month. I don't know if I am going to make it, because there is one whole week of spring break in the middle, and there are four days when I will be away for training and meetings, two of which has to have all the paperwork up to date, and Open House and Career Day are coming up this week.

Is it any wonder that I continue to be so overwhelmed? It might be easier if I could stop providing services to the kids, but I can't do that.

I wasn't able to pull the kids out for group until this past Thursday and Friday. I don't usually see kids on Friday, but I had to this week. With some of the new kids, I have too many kids that I need to see at 2:00 p.m., so that is going to be another challenge, because they all want to come to group! I will need to figure out how to squeeze them in. This month Iwill be focusing on careers and looking for work.

I used the LIFE board game to teach the kids that math is important in life, and it also taught them about college, careers, family life, and money. The kids had a great time playing it, and laughed about their experiences. It helped me to identify the kids that were having problems with math, and it was a sneaky way to teach them the lessons they needed to learn this week.

                                                           life game        

Yesterday, I was surprised that the maintenance men were trying to match me up with the oldest maintenance man, who is pretty old. Do I look like Anna Nicole Smith? The maintenance man looks almost identical to the old man she married. They kept trying to convince me by telling me that he has oilfields and property and that he likes women who are 30 years old.

My goodness! I don't think that SINGLE spells desperate! 

                                    

Perhaps I was wrong, but their trying to match me up with that old man made me feel insulted,  fat and ugly! I may not be as pretty as I was when I was younger, but surely, they could have picked someone a little younger than him! I think they were thinking more about him than they were thinking about me...

Why don't they just bury me deeper into The Glass Box?!@#

                      

Fortunately for me, this insult was comforted by the words of the most handsome man in the building. He didn't know anything about what happened in the Break Room, but he told me that I am pretty. It came as a shock to me, because no man has ever told me that I am pretty. And to top it all off, I caught him looking down my blouse!

It is too bad that he is married, because I catch myself undressing him with my eyes and watching him as he walks away. Thank God he has never caught me!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the real barbie..very clever..
hugs
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Aw such a cutie. I love the barbie pic The incident with the older man. simply, hes tried the rest now he wants the best. Dont pull yourself down everyone has something pretty about them. You will have if the hunk is making eyes at you, your watching him,he must have been watching you for him to say your pretty,just a shame he is married.lol.
love and hugs
Katie

Anonymous said...

That is weird that they would try to set you up with a man that old...but don't pay any attention to them.   just looking at your beautiful child shows the beautiful woman you are!!!!  Do something good for yourself to remind yourself how beautiful the most important people in your life feel you are!!!  As for Anna...as far as I feel she so deserved that money for kissing him...heck as one lady stated..even if she would have high fived him she deserved it...LOL...have a great week!~ TerryAnn