Thursday, August 3, 2006

Mini-Break

 Hello, everyone! I'm back from my mini vacation.

July was hot and humid enough but August is an indescribable heatwave. Of course, it doesnt help much to live in an area that feels like the equator. Is it any wonder, then, that this guy posed nude for the month of August?! It's just too hot to cover the body with clothes! Unfortunately, for some people (like myself), exposing too much flesh will drive away the men, and probably scare the fish! Oh, when will I finally say goodbye to fat forever?! I dont want to spend another summer fat. It's just too hot to cover up all that fat in the summer.

My mini-vacation was too short. I feel that I spent enough time with my daughters and grandchldren, but I was disappointed not to have spent more time in Rockport and Corpus Christi. It would have been nice to have had enough time to walk along the beach and go up and down Ocean Drive.

Here are a few highlights of my trip:

My daughter made me a chocolate cake for my birthday. She gave me a dozen purple roses. They were so beautiful. They followed me to my older daughter's home where they were part of the decor at my granddaughter's birthday party. They followed me to Rockport, where I gave them to the Blessed Mother at the Schoenstatt Shrine.

The castle cake that I made for my granddaughter's princess birthday party was a hit. My daughter says her friends are still talking about it. I hope my daughter will send me a picture of the cake so I can start a portfolio of the cakes I make.

My daughter's friend thought I was my daughter's sister. =.)

It was great to spend time with my daughters and my grandchildren. Mother-daughter time is so special. And my grandkids, well, they just grow up so fast, but it is cute to discover their little person personalities. My granddaughters are sweet and petite, but my grandson feels as if he is the heaviest and the strongest. I think Nana will need to spend more time working out before I attempt to hold him again. =.)

Andi was wonderful. She is much prettier in person. She tuned me into a great way to prepare fish. She took a tapia fish, seasoned it with rosemary and garlic and crushed fritos and fried it in a frying pan. Great recipe, Andi! I'm so addicted! I hope you feel better the next time I am in town.

My best friend is adorable, as always. She keeps asking when I'm coming back to live in Corpus. I ask myself the same thing.  

It sounds like it is raining outside. I need run to the grocery store so I can make more of that fish dish. I hope to catch up with everybody's journals soon!

 margarita Win =.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELCOME HOME FRIEND!
Glad you had a lovely time, sounds like so much fun! Hope you took lots of pics! ;)
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

The guy would have looked great but the tat ruins it. lol. Glad you had a great vacation.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you had a great trip..  Sounds like you got to visit with your family a lot..  Glad you are back.  take care, Dondie

Anonymous said...

purple roses? I bet they were beautiful! Sounds like you had a good and loving time with your special family and i am glad for you!!! Its important to be with those you love!
hugs,lisa

Anonymous said...

Welcome home!!  The purple roses sound beautiful....so is that calander boy !! Woooo!!! Glad you had a great mini vacation.
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Hey Win,

I saw the box of Tilapia at WalMart!  Go get some now!  It's in the frozen section.

Love, Andi

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic vacation!  Your description of spending time with your kids and grandkids brought tears to my eyes.  We are in the middle of a situation here where my husbands parents AND his sister and her family are all here on the east coast from Arizona....and 1) his sister couldn't make the 2 hour drive to DD17's graduation/18th b-day/off to college party because "her kids didn't want to take the car ride" and my husbands parents were here for the party, then borrowed one of our cars and went into NY to visit "friends" that they haven't seen in about 10 years.

When I am a grandma, I want to be one just like you.  I am so sad that these people don't want to spend any time with their grandkids or their nieces and nephews.

Glad you are back.

((hugs))
Jeanne