Sunday, August 20, 2006

J-Land 3rd Anniversary

It was great fun to visit with you in the chat room tonight. Thanks for inviting me. The invitation was so cute that I added it to my journal:

I am so sorry I had to leave so soon, but Richard showed up at my door a bit early.

There he stood. Oh so gorgeous in his tuxedo, holding a big bouquet of gardenias (my favorite) and a bottle of wine. "I love how you know me!" I said blushing, embarrassed that my hair was still up in curlers. I was so embarassed. He laughed that charming Edward Lewis laugh and I felt myself melting as I blushed.

He poured me a glass of wine. I put my finger in the wine and I traced his lips with it. It was clear that I had him at hello, even though I was in curlers. He reached for me, but I excused myself to slip into my dress and toussle my hair. "You look stunning," he said, "but there is something missing." He pulled out a little box from his pocket. It was a pair of chandelier earrings. That called for a kiss. He smelled so good. It was hard to keep my composure. I love how he can be so thoughtful.

buick

As we headed out to the limo, I noticed a man standing by my car. It was Hector Elizondo. Richard asked him to drive us so we could ride in the back seat together. I invited Hector to come in with us. He graciously refused but Richard would not take no for an answer. He even had a tuxedo for him under the seat. Wow! He thinks of everything. 

 

There were so many pretty dresses on the Red Carpet. I felt a bit out of place in my simple dress, but gliding onto the Red Carpet with Richard made me feel beautiful.  I loved how they announced my name as the author of The Glass Box and everyone clapped and cheered as if they had read my journal. I hope the fame wont go to my head. LOL

                        Painting by Jack Vettriano

The ball looked like something out of a fairy tale. White flowers everywhere, and the Big Band was fantastic! It was so nice to see so many of my J-Land friends there. Sugar had trouble holding on to her date because everybody wanted to dance with Travolta. It was funny to watch her trying to hold on to him. Viv looked beautiful, as usual, and yes, I let her dance with my man. 

I loved dancing with Richard. Ballroom dancing is great, but just barely moving was even better... especially since he smelled so good.

And to think that I didnt think I would be attending this year. Richard made me realize that I am not too old for romance after all.

Great dancers are not great because of their technique, they are great because of their passion.
--Martha Graham (1894-1994) US dancer, choreographer

Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth.
--Mark Twain

Anyone who thinks sunshine is happiness has never danced in the rain. --Unknown

Let your life lightly dance on the edges of Time like dew on the tip of a leaf.
--Rabindranath Tagore (1861-1941)

Preview

 

 

 

     Win loves Richard. =.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had fun walking the Red Carpet & at the Chat Party...altho I didn't stay long. Popped in for both...UK & US.
Hope you have a great week ahead.
Remember tomorrows the BD Party entry in our journals.
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

You looked gorgeous last night!!! What a great party !
hugs
Ellen

Anonymous said...

I don't know what I was thinking about the time difference.  I missed the UK party & I really wanted to go meet Stevie.  Loved the US one but am a bit hungover this morning.  LOL  Where was I last year?  I was in J-land. I don't remember anything about parties, etc.  But then again, I hadn't expanded journal reading either.  Hugs,  Dana
http://journals.aol.com/rainy35/RoadToASuccess