Sunday, August 6, 2006

Eventful Weekend

Two things happening this weekend in the Valley: Fishing Tournament in Brownsville, Texas, and Tax-Free weekend, which is held all over Texas.

          fish2006 

Seems that all of the pictures of this year's fishing tournament was of the winners with their trophies. I couldnt find any pictures of the winners with their fishes, but I thought this little boy with his little fish was kind of cute. He looks adorably proud of his little fishy.

pinup.studying  This weekend is also TAX-FREE weekend in Texas. Tax-Free weekend helps parents to prepare for back to school, because it allows tax-free purchases for diapers, underclothes, hosiery, clothes and shoes. Oddly enough, school supplies and backpacks, hair accessories, purses, wallets, purses, and fabric are not included in the tax-free weekend, which some mothers might not know that. 

Of course, the people who come from Mexico never pay taxes on purchases any time of the year. Personally, It makes me very upset that they dont ever pay taxes. I think they should pay taxes if they buy products in the United States.

I really dont want to face the tax-free crowds this weekend, but I suppose it would be a good idea to buy myself some new bras and pantihose. I have been looking for boots, but I am hard to fit, because I have muscular calves and almost every shoe in the world is at least 3" high. It would be nice to find some low heel boots for work. It's hard to be stylish when you spend so much time walking and standing on your feet.

TabuArtist 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

a million yrs ago when i was a teen, i loved Dingo boots...i had two pair..one was dark red, lol. I wonder what happened to those boots.
Ohio does not have a tax free weekend...i wish it did. Enjoy your shopping, if you can.
hugs,lisa

Anonymous said...

We have tax free holiday this weekend here too.   The county wouldn't waive their tax which is 1% but it's better than 8.5%.  I go shopping after 9 pm. so Walmart isn't so crazy busy.

Anonymous said...

I love Tax Free shopping....we have that here in NY too.
Hope you find your boots !
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking time out to read my journal, i will be sure to add you to my list of friends in JLand
love and best wishes. Katie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/katie39041/KATIESDIARY/

Anonymous said...

We had tax free weekend this past weekend.  We can buy school supplies and all..  I got me a new laptop..  I am excited.  Have a great day,
Dondie

Anonymous said...

Hey lady it sounds like a lot of fun there in Brownsville. That is an adorable little fisherman with his prize catch!!!!  I think it would be great if Sac had a tax free day--like that would ever happen.
----------------------------------------Granny Hugs, MARY