Saturday, August 7, 2004

Sometimes My Body Just Protects Itself!

Continued problems with pains in my back and hip joints. Wonder how much longer until I get past this. It's frustrating because you cannot lose weight by diet alone, and each day that passes finds me gaining more and more weight. Oh, how I miss my walks in the moonlight. Sometimes I rationalize that my body refuses to listen to my brain's efforts to lose weight, because it's rebelling from encountering another Mr Wonderful who will turn out to be yet another Mr Jerk.... Silly, girl! Dont you remember God told you he is coming. If you keep thinking like that, you wont be prepared when Mr Wonderful finally shows up! 

                                                   mm21.JPG

Dont you just love this picture of Marilyn Monroe? Having lived all her life without love, she was just a woman wanting to be loved. Men wanted her for her body, but they never got to know her or to love her for herself. Sounds like my life; doesnt it?! In my opinion, if Marilyn had had a child, I believe that she would have left all of the glamour just to be a mother.

Unusual as it sounds, I never knew love until the birth of my second child. She was so loving and so affectionate and I was her world.  How was I to know that the love I had lived without all of my life would be inside this sweet little girl? Can you imagine getting so caught up in my responsibilities as a single parent only to have this little child tell me to forget about the responsiblities for awhile and just sit down with her and let her hug me?

To have someone love you unconditionally, to have someone love you from the depths of their heart, to have someone give you the very best of themselves, to have someone think of you as their hero and greatest inspiration, that is the greatest love thatthe Lord has allowed me to experience through the love of this sweet angelic child with tiny little hands, sweet little butterfly kisses, and a heart of gold. And now she has an angel of her own. I feel so blessed. I may never know the love of a good man, but I thank the Lord that I know what love is.

No comments: