Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Celebrating the VENUS in Me...

  Detail from the Birth of Venus Fine Art Print

In 1980, I broke almost every bone in my body. I went into a coma, I died, and I came back to life. I am living proof of the Power of the Mind. If there is any goal that you want to reach, you've got to know that formula and that is:  90% mental and 10% physical. I lost count of the many times I have proved doctors wrong.  The trick is to keep believing and not lose focus of your goal, for the power of the mind does most of the work.

I like to use affirmations and visualizations. For them to work, however, you need to say them every night before you go to bed and every morning before you get out of bed. If you can say them at least three times during the day, that helps, too. But if you have to choose only one time to say them and visualize your goals, plan to do them before you go to bed. I love art. If you have trouble visualizing, you might try a beautiful piece of art. These paintings are of the Birth of Venus by two different artists.

                    La Naissance de Venus (The Birth of Venus) Fine Art Print

                La Naissance de Venus (The Birth of Venus)

                                                          painting by William Bouguereau

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

There is no one in the world exactly like me. I am beautifully and wonderfully made by the hands of my Creator.

My ideal weight is mine by divine right and I reach it easily and effortlessly.

I now bless and glorify my body with God’s love and divine health.

Every part of my body is functioning perfectly as it should.

Negative emotions have no place in my life.

Better food choices are doing incredible things for my body, my mind, and my soul.

God is dissolving every pain in my body, every hurt in my heart, and every emptiness of my soul.

God is illuminating my very being with His infinite love and peace.

I bless my body and I bless everyone I meet with God’s healing love.

I celebrate the Venus in me, the beautiful me in the Glass Box, the Venus within me shall emerge into my reality and become a part of my world.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

                                          The Birth of Venus (detail) Fine Art Print

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Win,
This entry is so true. Especially the line that says The trick is to keep believing and not lose focus of your goal. I used that when I was trying to lose weight and it worked for me. I am now using it for other goals that I have for myself. I love the pictures that you chose for this journal entry.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

Your affirmations are beautiful!  I love reading your journal, although I don't often get to do it anymore.  You are right that art is a way of visualizing your inner self.  That is probably why I cross stitch so much and why I like Angels and Florals so much.  They symbolize my inner beauty.  You are a wonderful and giving person.  Thank you for sharing yourself with the rest of us!
Tracy

Anonymous said...

I just started reading some of your journal.  You're right about visualizations!  There is much power in visualizing.:)
Steph