Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Rewards from heaven...

             Thank you

As I was coming in from lunch, a client walked towards me, holding a beautiful plant. She said that she just wanted to show her appreciation for all that I was able to do for her and that she has found a job! She described how meeting me has changed her life and that I am the nicest person she has met since she moved to this area. The note read that I am a very special person who brings sunshine into the lives of others. Wow! Was I surprised. This kind and generous gesture was a blessing from God and it proved to me that I am doing good work and that my work is appreciated, not so much by the company I work for, but by the clients whom I meet everyday. It was also proof to my boss and to my coworkers, because it didnt come from an admirer; it was from a woman showing her true appreciation for my hard work. It is sad when the people that you work for do not know your worth and do not reward you for the work that you do. It bothers me that I have not received a raise in four years, but my blessings come from the Lord in little, unexpected everyday things. Makes me happy that the Lord is watching out for me and that He sends me people for me to help or encourage, but He also sends other people to show me how much He loves me.

Rewards from heaven... I feel so blessed! Thank you, Lord, for this blessing that You have sent to me. I am truly blessed that You have granted me Your favor on this day. Help me to do great things in Your name and continue to use me to bring blessings to the life of others.

Did pretty good on my fast on Sunday until my mother showed up with Burger King hamburger. When she shows up, she stays overnight and I dont eat good things for breakfast. Monday, I started out with a veggie omelet and had a Mickey D's caesar salad but the dressing had so many calories that I asked for a different dressing,which didnt taste as well. I may have to be like the ladies in the commercials who carry around their own dressing. LOL... NOT.. In spite of messing up at supper time, I am not overeating as much as I was before. So that is a good thing. Have to measure my degree of hunger next time, because I believe the overeating at night is more habit than actual hunger.

Bad news on the workman's comp. They refuse to pay. Disappointed that the two people who have helped me thru all this are not going to be paid. I hope there is something I can do so that they can get paid.

No comments: