Tuesday, August 17, 2004

My Journal is placed in AOL HALL OF FAME =.)

 

  

Subject: Congratulations on being inducted to the AOL Journals' Hall of Fame Date: 8/17/2004 4:00:27 AM Central Daylight Time

From: Aynetal3 Reply To: To: WINivere2002 CC: BCC: Sent on: Sent from the Internet (Details) Internet Address Card Attached

88. Written by winivere2002 on Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 9:22:00 AM CDT  

Winning my first Oscar?! LOL... Win Goes HOLLYWOOD!!! Who wouldve thought that this 51 year old grandmother would be a part of AOL's 1st Year Journal Anniversary! This is not a good picture of me, but this mural is amazing. It was taken at my doctor's office before he moved to another location. 

First of all, I would like to thank God for this great honor and for His help on this incredible weightloss journey. Thank you, Lord, for helping me to see that no matter what the doctors say, I AM capable of losing weight.. Although I am still facing health problems, I know You will continue to help me through this until my slim self emerges from THE GLASS BOX..  

I would like to thank all the "little people" who have visited my journal since this journal began. To all the people who have left their comments, a bigthank you for your encouraging words have meant a lot. To those who stopped by for only a little while, I have missed your visits, especially Mary. I hope you will come back to journaling.  

 A special thank you goes to my Journal Fairy Godmother, Vivian, aka The Queen of Animation. I am not computer animation saavy and my journal primarily focuses on my weightloss journey anyway, but my friendship with Vivian has provided me with the opportunity to cherish her for the treasure that she is. Someday when she is rich and famous, I hope she will remember me and give Oprah a hug for me. 

To Tracy... I am so happy that my journal has helped you to become inspired to make some life changes of your own. You have come such a long way from the scared little girl I first met. Even though you have difficulty seeing it for yourself, you are stronger than you think and your life has done a full 180 degrees for the better. Be proud of your accomplishments. Dare to think beyond THE BOX of your difficulties. Remember that with God, all things are possible.

My journal does not have many comments, but I like to think that God sends me just the right people who seek to inspire or to be inspired. For all those people whom I have yet to meet, I hope we will become great friends and that you will find just the right words or just the right picture to bring you the life change you need for your own lives.

To AOL, thank you so much for these few minutes of fame and honor, but most of all, thanks so much for the great friendships I have made through journaling. When I meet with Oprah to talk about My Book and she asks me how I got started, I can proudly say that it was through AOL journaling. =.) 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

{{{{{ Win}}}}}  I just love you and you've been in the hall of fame of my heart from the jump...thank you for being an inspiration and a friend!!

Love,
Vivian

Anonymous said...

Win,
I am so happy for you. You are a wonderful person and they couldn't have picked a better person for this honor.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy Win that you are realizing your role played in the community of journalists.  We feel with each induction another star is born!  Congratulations!  May God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!!!!! And congrats!!!!!!!!
:)

Danielle

Anonymous said...

YEA!!!  YOu finally got a pic to post of you!  It is so wonderful that you won such a special award.  You really have touched the lives of so many of us, even if it were just a small word or phrase.  I am so happy that God led me to you and to your friendship!
Tracy