Sunday, August 15, 2004

DOES ANYBODY DRESS UP ANYMORE?

Lots of people staring at me at church this morning. Am I the only one who dresses up for church anymore? The man in front of me was wearing shorts. The only other people who were dressed up were the elderly couple who took the wine and hosts to the altar. She was wearing some really cute candy apple red shoes that matched her blouse. And I thought to myself, "Oh, that's me when I get old!" She looked adorable.

Made me remember the day I was walking behind an elderly couple downtown. They looked so cute, holding hands and window shopping. They stopped short when they saw a mannequin dressed in a sexy teddy and sheer robe. The elderly man turned to his wife and said, "So what do you think about that? I would really like to see you in that!" And they laughed until they saw my reflection in the window as I walked up behind them. It was as if they had been caught with their hand in the cookie jar. They quickly turned around and looked at me, and then, the woman blushed.

Wonder why people dont give much thought to their appearance anymore... or is it only in this part of Texas? People here go out with the same clothes they wear at home, I guess. It's all about "looking sexy" even though their fat is rolling over in their tight hiphuggers and the cheeks of their buttocks are exposed. I wonder if George Bush has difficulty wondering what to wear in the morning or if his clothes are laid out for him every morning...

          Click to enlarge

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Win,
Sounds like around here. Everyone is so casual in dressing. Even when they go out to an expensive restaurant they don't do anything to make themselves look any better than when they go workout. I love getting dressed up and going out. It is funny to me to see what some consider sexy when they are overweight. I have a feeling that someone else dresses George Bush. Loved your picture of George Now I can dress myself. So cute.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

Getting lots of comments on this entry but all of them by email. LOL.. Dont be afraid to leave a comment or two. =.)