Thursday, July 15, 2004

Summer Cold?

I havent had a chance to write in my journal, because I havent been feeling well enough to write, but yesterday, I had to write about the nice gesture that Sammy did for me. I am truly blessed.

I took a sick day yesterday as a vacation day. So sad that I have to dive into my vacation days when I am sick, but I have had this summer cold for over a week already and I am also experiencing hot and cold flashes and night sweats. I had to go see the doctor, no going around it. He says it might not be menopause, that it might be because of this respiratory infection or it could be because of my thyroid problems. It is such an awful feeling, feeling extremely cold one minute and then extremely hot the next. I get night sweats and I notice that I also get day sweats. I dont know if you get day sweats when you are on menopause. I dont know if I will be going through menopause, because I dont have a uterus.

I am still feeling pretty bad, but I have to go to work. Only two days til the weekend. Then I can rest again...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

winivere2002:

You may not ever read this, but I ran into your post doing a search for "summer cold"...interesting virus that doesn't take long to transmit!  Anyway, yes, you can have both day and night sweats...you just notice the night sweats more because during the day you are generally busy and attribute the feeling to something else but at night, they can cause you to awaken often.  I also don't have a uterus, but still have most of my ovaries.  I'm 59 and have felt these symptoms for at least 5 years...however, I'm very lucky in that menopause has not affected me seriously.  I also have other health problems so it's difficult to actually determine what's what!  Take care and know that nothing lasts forever!

dj
DeejLV1945@aol.com