Thursday, August 9, 2007

Words of Wisdom~Gluttony

I have to share a little bit of wisdom that I found in Mary's journal. I added graphics and changed the font. Thank you, Mary, for sharing your thoughts and the thoughts of others...  http://journals.aol.com/msaclou/just-plain-ol-me/

if I just keep my mouth closed a little more, the weight will come off easier.

"If it isn't hunger--food ain't gonna fix it!"

Things for me to remember:

1.  I don't have to eat every time I feel anxious or stressed. (Mary wrote lonely, but I had to change this one to make it work for me.)

2.  I don't have to eat every time I feel hotter than a fire cracker!! (I have to disagree with this one, because sometimes a frozen popsicle or some frozen watermelon will do the trick, but usually, a tall glass of SF iced tea may be what your body needs to bring that temperature down.)

3.  I don't have to eat just to prove I can -- Whom do I have to prove that to???  The fat  is proof enough. (We often eat without thinking! Excellent observation, Mary!)

4.  Like a stray cat, my big belly will not go away if I keep feeding it. (excellent analogy!)

5. Never make someone a priority when they only make you an option. (agree!)

6. I will look for people who make me want to share in their laughter. (I love this one the best.)

                                                                      

                                            

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great words of wisdom ~ Gluttony.  I agree with them all..  We are the ones that fall short and mess up.. Hope you are having a good week.
thanks for all your comments.  you make my day.
Take care,
Dondie

Anonymous said...

These are great!  Thx for sharing Win.
Hugs,
D
http://journals.aol.com/heavenlybama/journey-to-success

Anonymous said...

great entry. loved the fridge photo, lol. have a good night. ((((hugs)))))))
Cindy