Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Happy Wednesday

           
 
There are many bookmarks in my Bible of passages that have spoken to me throughout the years, so unless if I am looking for something in particular, I usually just open it up and read wherever it opens...
 
When I lost my job, I placed a dollar bill in my Bible--- praying to God, in faith, that my money will multiply to meet my needs and that I will never again have to worry about money---
 
A few years ago, I had planned to statch $100 bills in my Bible every month. The other day, God spoke to me about that money. Where was it? Was it still there or did I spend it when I was going through difficulties?
 
So, I took out my Bible and looked through each bookmark---so many little papers--- My mouth dropped to discover four $100 bills, a $2 bill, and of course, the $1 bill that I had placed in my Bible when I lost my job. I took out the four $100 bills and gently returned the $2 bill and the $1 bill into the passage of Peter walking on the water. I smiled and thanked God for this moment-- and once again, I prayed in faith that my money will multiply to meet my needs and that I will never again have to worry about money---
 
   Wow... I love how God continues to encourage me... Do not worry, He says...
 
The $400 is not enough to pay my rent this month, but it helps a lot! I wish I had continued to statch $100 bills. When I get a new job, I will definitely start doing that again!!!
 
I have not heard from the jobs that I applied for in Corpus Christi, but I recently discovered that there are two jobs that I qualify for in this area. I am not giving up on moving to Corpus. If I get a job here, I will take it, but I will continue to look for work in Corpus.
 
Thank you, Abba, for giving me the summer off. I feel that I have failed you, because I did not take the time to enjoy it... I will work on those two applications and I will turn them in-- and if Hurricane Dean does not show up in the Valley, I will go to the sea on Friday, remembering the words that you said to Peter!
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Win,
I am so happy for you that you found in your bible. I can feel it that you will find a job that is just perfect for you. Please don't give up.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

sorry about that... I left out the money.lol.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

I have had alot of those moments lately that God has spoken to me and sure enough....answered prayers...it has been an eye opening summer for me...
Will keep positive thoughts going your way that a job you want turns up...
take care
Ellie

Anonymous said...

You will find an awesome job soon. So glad you added the money to your bible and it was there for you when you needed it. (((((((((Hugs)))))))
Cindy