Monday, July 23, 2007

What Are You Afraid of, My Lady?!

                           

I haven't written in my journal very much lately, because I have been feeling a little depressed. What phase is the moon in?!!!!!#

It's times like these that you want to consume the entire contents of the refrigerator, including the ice cube tray, plastic and all... I swear I have been on an eating binge for the past few days!!!!! And then, I tell myself, "Girl, you know that you don't have any income coming in. Snap out of it!!"

Why do I sabatoge myself when I know that I have to be careful about the money I spend? It just doesn't make sense. What am I afraid of? Am I afraid that if I run out of money, I might lose some weight, because I have nothing to eat?!!!!!! Duh... that sounds like a positive out of a negative!

I hate FEAR.

Fear, fear, go away. Go look up my ex. I will show you the way! =.)

~Veer Sharma
FEAR:
F--FALSE
E--EVIDENCE
A--APPEARING
R--REAL

~Eleanor Roosevelt
You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself. "I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along."

~Ambrose Redmoon
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

~ Cervantes
He who loses wealth loses much; he who loses a friend loses more; but he that loses courage loses all.

Actually, I think that I am afraid of running out of time. The sound of that clock just keeps on ticking: Tic Toc... tic toc...

I know that by the grace of God, I can do anything that I set my mind to. I have to keep reminding myself that God will take care of me, just as he takes care of the birds and the lilies of the field.

Yesterday, I worked on my bedroom. Getting rid of ten years of clutter is a horrible task. Be smart. Simplify your life before you get to this point! =.)

I moved the bed back to where it originally was, asking myself what I was thinking when I decided to move it! Arranging things in my bedroom is kind of hard, because I do not have bedroom furniture (except for my bed), but I do see progress in the bedroom, and organizing the bedroom, somehow, has cleared things from the living room. (I wonder why that is?!!) Miraculous!

While sorting through my stuff, I found a Pre-Raphaelite calendar that I had been saving for when I could afford to buy frames. I took the frames that I had used at my work to frame as many of the pictures as I could. My bedroom is an "organized" mess, but my walls look wonderful. 

The best part of being creative is that it distracts my mind from thinking too much about my worries and fears.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes, distracting the mind:)  I do understand.  
Some days this week, it'd be after the hospital visiting hours had ended, and I'd realized I hadn't eaten all day.  Stress has me forget to it.  But, I go put on a pair of pants this morning, and they were somehow, way too tight.  I guess it's that hormonal stage of my life.  I NEED to eat, and I actually want to remember to eat.  I can understand the opposite, too, of eating constantly, and occasionally I've done that as well, just not nearly as often.  It'd help if food wasn't so related to our stress and moods.  I do hope you've found other creative and wonderful distractions for yourself:)