Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Le Kitchen

If you have ever lived in an apartment, you know how dreadful apartment kitchens are! I don't like my kitchen, because it is too small. I prefer a kitchen large enough for a family to cook in and dance in. Some people like to dress up their kitchens in elegance. Me, I prefer a kitchen that is cheerful and fun. 

A friend asked for pictures of my kitchen, so here are a few quick shots of the bathing beauties and their not so hunks that live in my kitchen.

I also have a swimming pool dip set with two bathing beauties in a hot tub and a lifeguard. I should have taken a picture of that, too. Oh, well, maybe if someone insists on it. =.)

As you can see, I didn't go out and buy fancy stuff for my kitchen, I just added a few items of interest that I already had on hand. The colors in my kitchen are mostly yellow and lavendar. I have a large lavendar rug on the floor and cute mermaids made of wood over the cabinets.

I hung my measuring cups and measuring spoons (not pictured), because they carry the lavendar theme. It makes them more accessible, too, instead of having to fumble through drawers or cabinets.

The eye of newt and toe of frog ceramic containers hold the spices I use the most. They were in my Halloween stuff, but I thought they would be more useful in the kitchen instead of packed away in my Halloween box. The life guard is a salt and pepper set.

The bathing beauties and men in the box are spreaders. I just left them in the original box and hung them on the wall.

The bathing beauties and the pool boy are all candles. The cake is a timer. The tea time book is a real book with tea ideas and recipes. The large lady in the yellow bikini is a cookie jar. 

My dishes are handpainted with fishes and seaweed. They have lovely colors of yellow, blue, pink, and seaweed. They are from an artist in Rockport, Texas. They are a lovely memory of a town where we once lived, but I also have some red square chinese dishes in the cabinet. I don't remember where I got the ceramic canisters. They were very inexpensive, but I fell in love with them. The Queen of the Kitchen rolling pin can hold that special recipe card while you are cooking. The thumbtacs on the bulletin board are from the Mary Englebreit queen of the kitchen collection.

On my refrigerator, I have magnets of Marilyn Monroe (of course!)

So there you have it~ a quick tour of my little kitchen...

Today, I spent a lot of time job searching. Exhausting. The pest control guy showed up. I hate that they come in here so often. I think it is just an excuse for them to come in and check your apartment.

I still have a lot of sorting to do, in attempts to get rid of some clutter, but I don't plan to do too much of that tonight.

Today, I received an email asking: What's that clutter really about? LOL... Ironic...

My favorite telenovela ended yesterday. I hope they don't give another one that I will fall in love with, because I don't want to be a slave to it, but they probably will... Oh, well... BTW, what happened to Grey's Anatomy? It was doing so well, and then, nothing but reruns. I wish they had never moved it to Thursday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your kitchen.  Cute stuff.  

Anonymous said...

I love your kitchen decor. It is awesome. ((((((Hugs)))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE your kitchen decor.......so original and fun and colorful....love it!!!
where did you get the eye of newt and other jar from.....I know my daughter would love those....
Have a great weekend!
-Ellie