Saturday, July 28, 2007

Mirrored Images

The glass that is half-full or half-empty... the optimist and the pessimist... heads or tails... black and white... rich and poor... the grass is always greener... good and bad...

Which image is you and which image are you striving for? Are you striving for the image that others tell you is the right image to be simply because you do not want to be wrong or because that is what you were told to believe? Is there truly one right answer or is it just a glass that is filled with water? What does your image reflect?

                

Striving to be rich does not make you happy. Being poor does not make you unhappy. In fact, some of my happiest moments were when I was poor, and I mean~ really poor.

        It's funny that when you are happy, money does not seem as important.

What is a mirror anyway?!!!#...

                                                            mirror definition
n.
1. A surface capable of reflecting sufficient undiffused light to form an image of an object placed in front of it. Also called looking glass.
2. Something that faithfully reflects or gives a true picture of something else.
3. Something worthy of imitation.

What do we really see when we look at our reflection? If you hold a printed page up to a mirror, the image is reversed, distorted. Contrary to popular belief, we do not see our reflection with our eyes. We see reflections with our minds.We even see color with our minds. What is our perception of that color? Is it blue-green? Is it green-blue? Is it teal?

A true artist investigates images from every angle before she lifts her brush. Her perception of an image is what she portrays on canvas. Thus, as the saying goes:

         "Beauty is in the mind of the beholder." 

There is nothing wrong with having bad things happen in your life. The question should never be "Why me?" The question should be "Why not me?"

        Adversity builds character. That which does not defeat us makes us stronger.

Sometimes, God has to hit us across the forehead to get our attention, because we are so wrapped up doing stupid things like survival that we forget about all the beautiful things that life has to offer... Sometimes, God forces us to take time to reflect. Sometimes, it is a lesson that we need to learn before we go on to the next chapter of our lives... Sometimes, it is a gift of time, something that you never would have taken the time to do because you were too busy working to survive financially.

If you have ever been in a hospital, they might have set you up to a machine that keeps track of your heartbeat....

      If there is a squiggly line of ups and downs, that is a good sign.

                            

        That means that you are still alive!!!!!!

If that line has no ups or downs or very little ups and downs, the line is flat and that is not good, because even if everything in your life is okay, if there is no ups or downs in your life, that either means that you are dead or that you have no life........

                                        

       That is why I am okay when it comes to the Whoops in my life....

          To put it another way....

I am a survivor of emotional, physical, and sexual abuse. I am a survivor of a mother who could never give me love, a woman who is my worst critic and the voices in my head that tell me that I will never amount to anything. I broke almost every major bone in my body, but I am a walking miracle. I died and lived to tell about it. I lost my home, my car, and my credit. I have never been lucky in love and I have never been able to depend on anybody for anything. I have been a single parent most of my life. I went to college after I had my children, with two jobs, no support, and no car. I gave up my dreams to support my children and to survive financially. I continue to live my life alone with an empty nest... and I recently lost my job.

I am a believer. I am an optimist.
The best is yet to come...
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're always so uplifting.  I thank you for that.   Jo

Anonymous said...

hi winiere, sorry about taking so long to leave a comment, i had to create a screen name. i haven't been able to read everything yet, but i think that the entry about foods that speed up your matabolism is very interesting. i take a med that has the side effect of slowing down your metabolism...*sigh* i have resigned myself to keeping this 40 lbs that came with it. but, i think that i will incorporate some of your suggestions. i am selling my mothers house, so my son and i are moving to sevierville, and my daughter and her boyfriend will be moving to a trailer not far away from here in anderson county. so with it just being me and my son, it will be alot easier to not have junk food in the house. i've already told him that he well be having to eat vegetables! he's 9, and oh so picky. i hope that if i don't have it so that he can't eat it, when he gets hungry enough he'll learn to at least try something new. i'm in culinary school and i'm tired of making him bologna sandwiches, and heating up pizza bites! i'll let you know how the menu changes go over with my hard to please customer! blessings, angelia

Anonymous said...

I absoultly enjoy reading your journal. you are such a wonderful writer, and have keep me enocurged as well. Blessings to you. You seem like such a strong and wonderful person, and yes the best is about to come.
Stace from

Anonymous said...

I love reading your journal.. You are so interesting.  Thanks for always commenting in my journal.  You are so sweet.  You are so funny with your comment.  I do want kids, but I don't want to have to babysit while I am on the job, you know??  LOL
Have a great week.
Dondie