Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Tricks Not Treats

 

As some of you may or may not know, this is Red Ribbon Week. This is the week our nation unites to say "NO" to drugs in honor of Kiki Camarera, former DEA agent who died while working on one of the biggest drug deals...

-a time for gratitude for all the lives that remain drug free

-a time to pledge to live a safe and drug-free life

-a time to remember those we have lost in the fight against drugs.

 Today, the school newsletter gave thanks to one teacher for making ALL of the preparations for Red Ribbon Week at our school. That teacher is the woman who doesnt want me to shine.

One of the teachers told me that the woman asked her if she wanted to help her with the event. (This was after I had offered my help and she had turned me down.) She responded by telling the woman that she should ask me to help her because she sees that I am very creative. She says that the woman did not give her a good response, that she just looked at her without saying a word.

 If the woman is claiming to be doing everything herself, it is because that is the way she wanted it, but she had a lot of people to help her who were not given any credit. She got out of including my program and our skit by saying that she already had too much stuff planned and for me to do it myself. To be honest, I havent seen that she has done anything spectacular so far. Our skit was not included in Red Ribbon Week, because she deliberately kept itout of the agenda. I had all sorts of ideas, which I am glad now that I didnt share with her, but I was stupid enough to give her my Fifteen Minutes idea. Stupid, stupid me! I should have told her that I didnt have it! I could have used it next year. She took the material, and "disappeared from my life" so to speak. She promised that she was going to pick two of the kids from my program to be in the Fifteen Minutes, but she didn't. Maybe I should ask her tomorrow which of the kids she picked from my program. She doesnt need to know that I know she didnt pick any one of my kids; right?! I can only imagine what she is going to say.

 At lunch, she goes out of her way not to sit at the same table where I sit. As pleasant and nice as I try to be with her and everyone at the school, she and her friend are quite snobbish. When she saw that I had mentioned what the kids were supposed to wear this week on my program calendar, she changed everything. 

I thought it was funny when she got up and put her hands on hips, complaining that she was so tired from all the preparations that she made for this event. In my mind, I kept shaking my head, thinking that she brought it on herself and shaking my head at how she chooses to not give anyone else credit for what they have done. I had such grand ideas. The school missed out on a lot because of her greed for fame.

I hate to talk bad about my "evil" coworker, but I suppose that this is probably the only time of the year that she is able to shine. Oh, well... I know I have been bad to write about her in my journal today and to add all these images to provoke her ugliness into your thoughts. It is not that she is ugly. It's her actions that are ugly.

BUT I feel so much better now! =.) Thanks for listening....

if i have a wicked stepmother wheres my prince image

a href="http://technorati.com/tag/j-land+halloween" rel="tag">j-land halloween</a>

Blinkie J-Land tag made by Mandy of  http://journals.aol.com/mmartinez07/UnhappilyEverAfter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that someone can behave like that. its crazy. its sad to see people as jealous as she is. she just wants it to be all about her all the time, think she needs to realise the world doesnt spin around her.

Shermeen xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/shermeen0621/PublicThoughts/