Wednesday, October 11, 2006

My Cherubs

 
Cherubs Architecture: Knauffman

I dont want to jinx myself, but I have been doing good at eating heathy, not eating quite as much and exercising almost everyday. Sometimes I have a cookie or two and I eat it like a kid would, taking it apart, licking the insides and then eat the cookie part last. It is a ritual that allows you to really enjoy the cookie and it takes longer to eat, too! Now that's the real power of a cookie!

I have been invited to a masquerade Halloween party. I told my friend that I would make the cake. I committed myself and I have no idea how I am going to decorate it. LOL... Hope it comes out o.k.

The kids did great at Skit practice this morning. Only one of them has acting experience, but I cannot believe how good the kids are doing. Most of the kids I have in my program do not speak English. The one kid who has had some acting experience and the drama teacher do not speak Spanish, so I have had to translate, but I am excited that the kids are showing up so early and that they have really gotten into it. The woman in charge of the Red Ribbon week doesnt want us to do the skit live. She wants us to video tape it. I am upset about that, but I am focusing on getting the kids prepared and video tape them. If they change their mind and ask us to do it live (which I doubt), I want us to be prepared. I think the woman doesnt want my kids to shine. I gave her the skit for what she is doing. I should have told her that I didnt have it anymore. LOL... She is getting credit for something that I gave her. The least she can do is let us do the skit, but it doesnt look like it is going to happen. I hate for my kids to get a bad rap. They are working so hard for this.

One of the girls showed up late, crying because she couldnt get her hair to look right. To me, it looked the same. Her mother said it takes her a really long time to do her hair. This afternoon, she cried because one of the boys told her that her brother has big ears. She took it very hard and wouldnt stop crying. I had the boy apologize to her andshe stopped crying after that.

Some of the kids are so adorable that you just want to hug them and take them home. And then there are the ones that turn your hair white. LOL

Seems that during the past six years, no person from my program has taken the kids from my school on a field trip. That's sad. The principal said that the only way she will allow it is if our program pays for it. I dont think it will be a problem if we do ROPES on a Saturday at a local park, but I would like to take the kids to the fire department. What's going to cost us is the bus. It would be nice if the school could cooperate with us and give us the bus for free, but they want their money, so I am still working on that.

Yesterday, I booked a woman to come to teach the kids table etiquette in November (before Thanksgiving): which fork to use, etc. I think it will be fun. I'm thinking about getting the boys to dress in a white shirt and jeans and using mardi gras beads for necklaces and making netting "stoles" for the girls. I think they will love it.

When I came home, there was a note at the end of the stairs that they are going to do pest control again. I hate it when they come in to do pest control. Everything has to be spotless. I am still struggling with my housekeeping! Yesterday I was surprised because I filled the sink with water and put a little bleach in it and let it stand for about 30 minutes. Wow! It had stains on it before. Now it looks brand new. Then I took some windex and shined it right up. Wow!

Yesterday I did a little housework, but today, I feel very sleepy. I will probably to go to sleep early tonight. I think waking up so early to do the skit practice is taking a toll on my bod. Fortunately, it's only for two weeks.

Win =.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thought I'd stop by & see how your hump day is going. Hoping the remainder of you week is good. {{}}
Sugar

Anonymous said...

You sound like a wonderful teacher for those children. I hope it works out for the field trip.
hugs,
Ellen