Friday, October 27, 2006

Tagged by Liz

 
I've been tagged by Liz.  I've seen this going around and have read some very interesting entries.   So.....here goes............

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
1. Grab the nearest book.

2. Open the book to page 123.

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the text of the next 4 sentences on your Blog along with these instructions.

5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet I know that is what you were thinking!

6. Tag 4 or 5 people

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

OK, HERE'S MINE: The book is entitled "Mama Gena's Owner's and Operator's Guide to Men" by Regena Thomashauen.

                          Mama Gena's Owner's and Operator's Guide to Men

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

When I was first dating Bruce, I didn't like the way he kissed me. He kissed me strongly and with a lot of tongue, the way that his last girlfriend liked it. But I had another way that I liked--very soft, gentle, with a lot of breath and lightly touching lips and cheeks, then slightly open mouth and light tougue, then slowly deeper. I remember the moment when I was exposing my desire to Bruce about the way I wanted to be kissed--I felt like I was going to have a heart attack. I was sweating, felt nauseous, and could barely explain. I felt  like he would be insulted or offended, and who was I to think my way was better, and why would he want to kiss me my way? Surprisingly to me, he was cool. He asked me to show him what I meant. I told him to remain still, and I would take him on a tour of my kind of kiss. Sweaty butterflies and all, I slowly kissed him. And I still remember every detail of that kiss. I remember that with the stillness between us, I could really feel him and taste him and enjoy the sensation of his skin on mine, his breath mingling with mine.

............................................................

The email says to tag 4 or 5 people to do the same, but if you want to copy and paste this entry into your journal to add your own book, please do so!

Win =.)

P.S. No, I didn't look for the coolest book. This is a book that I recently bought at Barnes and Noble at a bargain price. I thought the title was funny, but I haven't had a chance to read it yet. The newest book I bought was the Alchemist for my reading clubs but I left it at school.

P.S.S. Ever since I added this entry, I find myself opening every book to page 123.  =.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

(smiles) Its not very often that this happens, but me thinks me wants to read this book.

I remember when I first started kissing my boyfriend, it just didn't real right. it was different to what i was used to but over time we just found our own style! Now I can't get enough of kissing.

Shermeen xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/shermeen0621/PublicThoughts/

Anonymous said...

Now that's a kiss!!! WOW. I did this book tag in my journal if you havent seen it. I used a Stephen King book.
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

I came over to check out your journal after you left me that email about your link being wrong in the VIVI journal.  I am so glad that I did!  I love your journal.  I love all the wonderful quotes on your sidebar.  I love the way you write.. and the way you described that kiss.... well.. it's much better than having your tonsils scoured with some guys tongue! lol  Nice and easy... soft and gentle.. much more like it!  Kissing is a very big deal to me.  If a guy can't kiss.. forget about it! lol

I will be back, Winivere.  I love your journal!!   Plus, we must be about the same age.  I'm 53.

Jackie