Monday, October 31, 2005

The Speech

                                           

As we walk through this journey called life, we come across three types of people: the ones who are neutral, the ones who leave an imprint on your heart, and the ones who put knives in your back. (gasps, mouths drop)  During the past 30 days, I have encountered all three at this center. (center manager and center supervisor looking shockingly at all the staff) To the ones who were cruel to me, I want you to know that I forgive you. To the ones who left an imprint on my heart, I want you to know that I am grateful and that I value our friendship. In the words of the Godfather, I have been offered a job offer that I cannot refuse, and they want me to start today, and so, this is goodbye. Goodbye, everybody. (clapping, smiles)

I handed my letter of resignation to the center manager and walked away.

Have you ever been nervous in your life? I am usually pretty good about speaking in front of a crowd, but this morning, my heart was pounding so hard that I could hear it and my stomach was full of butterflies. Yes, that was the beginning of my day.

Perhaps it was wrong for me to mention the knives, but I felt that I had to bring those cruel people to light at the ears of the center manager and the center manager, and besides, they needed to hear that what they did was wrong. (My daugher always says that I have a Masters in Guilt.) But the most important thing is that I had to make them see that they didnt break me.

After my little speech, I went to my new job's central office to meet my new boss. I was nervous about submitting a resignation letter without signing papers for the new job first, but I had to trust in the Lord that I was indeed hired. My new boss is an ex-priest. He left the priesthood because of personal reasons with another priest, a story pretty much like when I left Crisis Intervention because the crisis director committed suicide. 

I am very excited about my new job. It will be like a school counselor's position, except that I dont have a Master's degree. I will have the same holidays as the school kids. It's hard for me to believe that I will have three weeks off at Christmas. I dont know in which school I will be placed, but I will be in training all of this week.

With this new change in my life, maybe I will finally be able to put my life in order and get my figure back.

Blessings,

Win =.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new job.  How exciting!...and just wait until Christmas time...3 weeks off!  Have a great week!  Jo

Anonymous said...

Good for you!!!!!  That took guts for sure and you have em sister!  I cant wait to hear about the new job.  I hope you love it!  Life will settle down and you'll be able to concentrate on "YOU".

Your great Win!!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Win,
I am so happy that you got a new job. Hope it works out for you. I bet it felt good to have that speech behind you.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

I am soooo very happy for you, good things do come to those who wait!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

This is good news indeed!  You deserve better treatment.  You sound like you've got a whole new lease on life...congratulations.  Let me know how it goes, OK?  

Your new friend, Andrea