Wednesday, October 1, 2003

Angels Among Us/Day4&5

Day4/Tu: Frustrated @ not being able to write daily, but I suppose it doesnt really matter how often you write as long as you write, because journaling helps to stay focused. Also frustrated @ CHOICES supervisor's inappropriate comments and quick judgments without getting all the facts first. Called upon my Guardian Angel for assistance during period of frustration. Dont know what yours looks like, but I like to think my Guardian Angel looks like this. =.)

Day5/W: God sends me many people. That is what happens when you tell him to use you for His glory. Today, He sent me a woman in tears, who said that she was thinking of killing herself if she didnt find a job. I counseled with her, updated her information, gave her three job leads, and most of all, I gave her confidence and hope. It was nice to see her leave my office with a smile on her face. My boss gave me a hard time, however, and reprimanded me for spending too much time with this client. Would it have been a better idea to have her kill herself instead?! I think I did the right thing...  

I have a Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, but most of my work has been in social work and supportive counseling. I have worked for in suicide prevention, investigations of child abuse and neglect, rape and incest, domestic violence, as a jail counselor for the criminally insane, as a qualified mental health professional, and as a caseworker to find jobs for people on welfare. I presently work in an employment agency where I help people to find employment, I faciliate job search groups in English and Spanish, provide current job announcements, and research/provide labor market information for the state of Texas.

PROGRESS...I continue with my exercises daily and I am doing well on my Rachel McLish diet. I dont know how so much food can make you feel like you are dieting. It surely does NOT make me feel deprived!

I am having difficulty with my finances because workman's comp does not pay for the days you have to take for therapy and I have run out of sick leave, so my checks are about half what I would normally make, so instead of steamed veggies, I have to resort to canned or frozen veggies. 

I tried changing breakfast to the boiled egg and toast, but I found that it is more filling for me to have yogurt and fruit. Still having problems drinking enough water, because my job is too fast paced. On Day 4, I had crab and salad and instead of chicken. That was awesome. =.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go now....when you do pics, you do hot pics! We circulated this hunk of burning love around my office one time and all the ladies wished they were wearing 'Depends' I'm glad to see you're embellishing your journal. Hope you're enjoying it!
Vivian