Friday, September 21, 2007

Dancing With Death

Have you ever had one of those days when you know you were not meant to get out of bed?! Monday was like that for me. Everything kept telling me not to go. My keys hid themselves from me under the chair and it took me a half hour to find them. Something just told me to stay home. I should have listened to my intuition.

But, as luck would have it, they called me to come in to take a test. I thought I was going to be interviewed, but they just made me take the test, fill out an application, and fax my resume and application for the job.

When I finished, I got into my car to drive back to my apartment. I sneezed and tried to step on the brakes but I was already in the middle ongoing traffic. A large vehicle hit my car and there we were, in the middle of the crossroad, as the other cars continued to drive by as if we were not even there. The woman in the vehicle quickly said that she was going "to call the cops" and she got on her cell phone to call them~ and me with no insurance!

I was in shock and I am still in shock, so my words might appear to jumble and tumble. I will try to explain, unsure how accurate the events will be because of the shock...!

Their truck was blocking my car so there was no way that I could have moved. They got out of their car, so I suspect that they were ok. It was my car that is made of plastic, so I doubt that there was any damage to their car. Even after they got out of the way, I just sat there, still in shock. The policeman motioned me to get my car out of the way, so I did, but then, I just sat there in the car, still in shock. The fire department was called and they kept coming around to ask me if I was ok and if I wanted to go to the hospital in the ambulance. I don't know how many people came by my car and asked me if I was ok and how old I was and my address and phone number. I do not like to give my phone number to anyone. Now, my phone number is known by the police department and the fire department. I don't likethat. 

The policeman motioned me to drive the car into the Burger King parking lot ,and then, he left. He did not call the mechanic that I asked him to call and he didn't tell me that he didn't call him. Suddenly, the policeman was gone. The fire department was gone. The ambulance was gone. Just like that, everyone disappeared and they disappeared so quickly. They just came and made a report and left.

I got out of the car to look at the damage on my car. My car is all plastic. If the man had hit me on my door, I would have died.

I walked over to the Burger King to ask if I could use the phone. My mechanic did not answer.  I waited and called back later. He answered and said that he is off on Mondays but he would send the wrecker over to get my car. The wrecker showed up about an hour later.

He looked at my car and took off the plastic part that was blocking the tire. The impact had damaged my car battery. Pedro hooked up my car to the wrecker and drove us to Auto Zone to buy a battery. He said here is one for $49. I told him I was hoping the one that was $44 would be capatable for my car, but the salesclerk pointed to the one that was $42, so I was fine with that!

Pedro put the battery in the car and discovered that the blinkers do not work, so I will have to go to see if they can be repaired. I hope it doesn't cost too much to get my car fixed.

I feel as if I am dancing with death. I have been so close to death so many times, that I lost count a long time ago. I must have more lives than 100 cats.

It has taken me a few days to get over the shock. I feel as if I am in limbo. It is without question that my guardian angel was with me. It is without a doubt that God is not ready for me yet. It is without a doubt that He has a plan for me. I just wish I knew what it is and where it is.

I have tried so hard to hold on to my money. I am on my last roll of toilet paper, which means that it is time to go to the grocery store again. Going to the grocery store is scary, because everything is so expensive. My refrigerator gives new meaning to the word "empty," but tomorrow is Saturday and I try not to spend money on Saturday, so grocery shopping will have to wait until Sunday..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Win......Sorry to hear this happened  Glad you are okay.  It shouldn't cost that much to get your blinkers fixed.  I've been praying for you and our finances.
Hugs,
D
http://journals.aol.com/heavenlybama/journey-to-success

Anonymous said...

{{{{{WIN}}}}}}

But, did he hit you, so would his insurance (or he) have to pay for your repairs?  I'm a bit confused on that point.

I don't blame you for being in shock.

Anonymous said...

Just catching up on blogs. Sorry to hear about this & hope you are better now.