Tuesday, September 25, 2007

ChineseMoonFestival

               

        

Today is the ChineseMoonFestival. I had planned to buy some moon cakes to eat today, but I forgot. I will have fish and tea, and I will have a chocolate chip cookie. Oh, my!!! =.)

 
        
Today is also my dad's birthday, and Sunday will be the 50thAnniversary of his death. There will be a mass for him on Sunday, and my mother requested for me to be there to join her in carrying the flowers to the altar. People talk. My car is messed up from the wreck, and I am not the size that I used to be. I am embarrassed to go.
 
My mother gave me very little warning about the mass. It is a shame that when something important like this comes up, I am worried about my weight.
 
NoteToSelf:When I was slim, I didn't worry about weight. I ate what I wanted in moderation, but exercise was a vital part of my life. It shouldn't matter how long it takes me to lose the weight. What matters is that I lose it. =.)
 
Today, I applied for a job I really want. I thought I had lost the opportunity to apply for it, but it looks as if they have re-advertised it!!!!!! :::Crossing my fingers for luck:::
 
                           
NoteToSelf: In Chinese, the character for CRISIS is also the character for OPPORTUNITY..
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Win,
I hope that you get the job. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

Opportunity, yes, opportunity!
The job (and moon cakes!) sounds good:)

Sorry to hear you're stressed re: your father's mass.  I know you'll get through it.