Sunday, September 9, 2007

Halloween Party Games

It is hard to add these signature boxes to my journal, but this is the Helpful Hints that I sent out to my graphic group today. I am not able to add the pretty backgrounds in here, I usually have to change the font color and size because my journal background is black, and I do not include the group stuff in my journal, but I am excited that my PSP skills are improving. =.) 

  HALLOWEEN PARTY GAMES   

Halloween treat bags are optional,

but it is more fun when you can win your Halloween treats!

 
The "Name Game" (3 x 5 cards, marker, safety pins)
Before the party: On different cards, print neatly the name of a person or character associated with Halloween. (Use a different name on each card.) Make enough cards for more people than you invited so that you do not need to think of what to write later and to ensure you do not have duplicates. 
At the party: Use a safety pin to put one card on each guests' back. Do not tell them who is on the card. Game Objective: To guess who "you"are, the name on your back.
Rules: You can ask only one question of a guest, before moving to another guest to ask a question. Only "Yes" and "No" answers can be given. Laughing, facial expressions, etc, are allowed. Look for questions which will quickly narrow the quest such as: Am I a male(or female)? Am I a real person(versus fictional character)? If a guest guesses too quickly, give them another name tag.
 
The "Mummy Game" (rolls of toilet paper)
Playing the Game: Guests team up in pairs. One person wraps the other person in toilet paper like a mummy. The first team to get their partner completely wrapped up (using one whole roll of toilet paper) wins. Then, switch partners to start a new challenge.
 
"Pumpkin Golf" (carved pumpkin w/extra large mouth, toy golf club, toy golf balls)
Object of Game: Hit the golf ball into a pumpkin.
Before the Party: Carve out a pumpkin. Make the mouth extra large. You may want to make a cardboard ramp about one to two feet side from the ground to the bottom of the pumpkin's mouth. You will probably need some support under the cardboard. Tape the ramp to the floor for stability. Mark a starting point a few feet from the start of the ramp. The older the kids, the farther away.
Playing the Game: Each player gets to hit a golf ball three times. Each time the ball goes into the pumpkin, the player wins a piece of candy or other Halloween treat.
 
Pumpkin Ring Toss: (one to three carved pumpkins, rings that are twice as big around as the pumpkins)
Object of Game: To toss a ring around a pumpkin.
Before the Party: Carve out the pumpkins. You can buy the rings or you can make them. To make the rings, use a piece of leftover electrical cable and tape together with duct tape.
Playing the Game: Measure back several feet, depending on age group. Give the rings to the player. A piece of candy (or two) is awarded for ringing the pumpkin. You can award one piece of candy for a partial ring and two if the ring is completely around.
 
"Anacrophobia" Fishing Game (plastic spiders, paperclips, wood or plastic poles with string and magnet, paint, tub of water)
Before the Party: To make the fishing poles, attach a magnet to a string and tie the other end to the pole. To prepare the spiders, paint red dots or white dots or orange dots to the backs of the spiders (see rules below for further info about the dots~ you may need to limit the colored dots). When the paint is dry, attach a paper clip to the plastic spiders and put them in a tub of water.
Playing the Game: Each person gets a chance to fish out a spider. The magnet at the end of their fishing pole should be able to pick up a spider because of the paper clip. Make your own rules about the dots on the spiders. For example~ If you get a spider with a white dot, you get to keep the spider. If you get a spider with a red dot, you get a piece of candy. If you get a spider with an orange dot, you get the grand prize.
 
"Worst Make-Over Ever" Game (bag of makeup, eyelashes, etc)
Playing the Game: Guest partner up. Each team has 5 minutes to work their "magic." The host plays judge and decides who wins. The winning makeover artist then has to let herself/himself be given a make over by all of the other players.
 
"Apple Bite" Game (several old broom handles, apples, ribbon, super glue)
Before the Party: Tie a ribbon to an apple at the stem. Secure the stem by added super glue to it. Prepare the broom handle by wrapping it in Halloween wrapping paper. Tie the other end of the ribbon to the broom handle so that the apple hangs by a ribbon from the broom handle.
Playing the Game: Guests team up. One person holds the broom with the apple. The other person puts their hands behind their back and tries to eat the apple, using only their teeth. The player that eats the apple first wins.
Another variation: You might have a place where you can hang the apples instead of someone having to hold a broom handle.
©
                      

I am excited that Halloween is drawing near. I love Halloween. It's time to start thinking about Halloween costume ideas. It would be nice to be a little slimmer by Halloween so I can look good in my costume. (weight loss incentive!!!)

I was surprised that I did not binge yesterday... One day at a time... One meal at a time...

I haven't been able to keep up with my "Eating Plan," because I am watching my money, but I try to keep up with the day's theme, as best I can.

I have some ideas for Halloween tags for my food journal. Making the tags for my Mad Platter journal will be helpful towards my weight-loss journey. Hopefully, I can continue to use this free trial of PSP for awhile longer.

My tags are the result of  trial and error, and sometimes just plain luck, but I love it! I made all the tags on this entry. =.)

                

I have not found a job yet, but I had a couple of leads last week. Something or someone (was it you, God?!) kept telling me to color my hair, so I got brave and colored my hair red. I was afraid it would turn out orange, but it looks like my natural hair color ~ a light reddish brown ~ and I think it makes me look younger, too! Now, there is a plus!

  Winivere

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These look great thanks!

Anonymous said...

Love the graphic with the cat with the chainsaw carving pumpkin. That is too cute. Hang in there Win I know you will find the perfect job.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

I don't "do" halloween, but that cat and dog carving pumpkins photo / graphic is a trip!  :)  one day at a time...........