Sunday, March 26, 2006

The Mirror

On the 14th of March, I found the courage to take photographs of myself in a two-piece bathing suit. On the 15th of March, I found the courage to have those pictures developed and to look at them with both eyes. How my body has changed, Lord. I am wearing my hurt and my pain for all the world to see, and with each pound that I gain, I become more and more vulnerable to physical and emotional injury.

  

Who will cry for the little girl
Lost and all alone
Who will cry for the little girl
Abandoned without her own
Who will cry for the little girl
She cried herself to sleep
Who will cry for the little girl
Who'll never have "for keeps"
Who will cry for the little girl
Who walked on burning sand
Who will cry for the little girl
The girl inside the woman
Who will cry for the little girl
Who knew well hurt and pain
Who will cry for the little girl
Who died and died again
Who will cry for the little girl
A good girl she tried to be
Who will cry for the little girl
Who cries inside of me
~ From the movie Antwone Fisher

Every day, I try to be a better person from the inside, but it is the outside that keeps me from enjoying life. God did not intend for me to be fat. God did not intend for me to live a life that is only half-lived. Even if my mother or my friends forsake me, God will never let me down. I turn my face to God, and I cry for the little girl who cries inside of me... the woman in the Glass Box. I have beaten the odds so many times in my life. God, help me to do it again...

With GOD, all things are POSSIBLE.

By March 21st, I lost three pounds. Lord, do not allow my enemies to destroy me. Help me to help that little girl who cries inside of me. Help me to remain standing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To the person who sent me the private email, I am happy to hear that this entry touched your heart and that it hit home for you. It is so hard for the overweight to face the harsh naked truth of our reality, but failure to do so, buries me even deeper within the Glass Box. Thank you for walking beside me on this most difficult journey. I hope that my journal will help you to remain standing, too.