Sunday, January 1, 2006

Another New Year

2005-Cons

I allowed STRESS to control my life:

stress from my criticial mother, stress at having to take my mother with me on my vacations, stress from believing the criticism of my mother, stress from my job(s), stress from running into men who want to be with you for a night, for an adventure, for a maid or because they see you as responsible and employed, stress from coworkers who dont know you but stab you in the back because they want to remain loyal to their friend, stress from wondering if the new company who takes over will keep you employed, stress from having a closet full of clothes that no longer fit because youve gained too much weight, stress from poor health that stopped you from taking your walks, stress at having to walk up and down the stairs to take your trash to the other side of the complex because your crazy, unemployed neighbor complained that she doesnt like flies, stress from huffing and puffing after climbing a flight of stairs because your waistline has expanded to twice it's size.

No wonder I never lost weight in 2005. Is it the Valley that has done this to me, or is this something that I have done to myself?! If it were not for God carrying me through 2005, I probably would have been eatten alive by the lions.

2005-Pros

Angel Art - Peace on Earth

My grandson finally made his way into the world. He is now a healthy 13 lbs.

I learned basic cake decorating. My cakes are no longer lopsided. I learned how to make flowers out of frosting and my cakes now look as good or better than store bought at a fraction of theprice.

I have a new job, working with at-risk youth. I am still stressed, there are still quotas that I have to meet, and this is still a contract to contract job, but I am not new to this line of work, and while it is an opportunity for me to make a difference in the lives of these children, it is also good for my inner child.

What I learnedFairyfrom 2005:

When darkness overpowers my life, it is a humbling experience to remember that there is always something to be grateful for.

  Angel Decoration

2006-Goals 

Angel Art - Angel At Dawn

It is good to go to God whenever I have my problems, but it is more important to have Him to be a part of my daily life.

If I can lose 2-3 pounds a month, I can lose from 24 to 36 pounds this year without being deprived of the foods I love.

If I can exercise 2 to 3 times a week, my body will be healthier for it and my waistline will begin to wave at me again.

Angel Art - Angel At Dawn

In my work, it is important to count the days. If I am able to meet my quota early in the month, and if I can complete my paperwork on a daily basis, I will have time to devote to more fun things. If the other kids see the fun things we are doing, it will be easier to recruit new kids into the program, and that will save me even more time.

If I have to kiss ten frogs this year, I will be closer to finding that prince in disguise.

If I can donate more things than I keep, my little apartment will be cleaner and more organized.

If I can statch away 100 one-hundred dollar bills, I will always have $1,000 at my reach.

If I am always kind, even when others are not so kind, I will always have peace.

Fairies\'Bubble

Wishing you the greatest desires of your heart in 2006,

Win =.)

 

CREDITS:

Angel Graphics from: www.angel-fine-art.com ; Lion's Den from www.bibleexplained.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Win!  It it great hearing from you again.  I know you will have a great new year.  Jo

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Win.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

I think that you will be able to reach your goals this year.
I hope that 2006 is blessed for you!
hugs,
Kathi