Saturday, January 7, 2006

The Three Kings

     

Yesterday was Three Kings Day. How could I let the day go by without noticing what day it was? If I had remembered I would have bought some Three Kings bread. Why is it that I find myself forgetting what day it is so often? I need to become more organized this year.

I must review the day to see if the Three Kings dropped by for a visit...

When I got into the elevator, a woman walked in and asked me to punch the third floor. I dont know why she said that, because most people punch their own elevator button, but I made light of it by commenting that I hadnt noticed there was a third floor in the building, which made her laugh. As I walked out into the second floor, I wished for her to have a good day and she wished the same for me. I felt good within myself, because I remembered to be kind to a stranger.

We had a training meeting in the morning. Peggy was her usual bitchy self. She always treats me like an idiot, but to be frank, I havent been trained properly. I dont know why Peggy is always mean to me. She says she tells Mr. Kennedy that they should just fire most of us and start all over with brand new people. I didnt single her out, but I did mention in the meeting that people are always making me feel stupid and/or ignorant. I kept telling myself that I need to be kind even when other people are not. I had people laughing, because I didnt make it sound like I was tongue lashing anybody and I made it known that I want to learn how to do this paperwork so that I can get on to doing more fun things with the kids. She seemed to have calmed down after that. I guess some people make up their mind about you before they even know you. I can understand when some men say that they dont understand women, because I know that some women, like Peggy, seem to get all bent out of shape because they think I might steal their space~ whatever space that may be: if they are pretty, if they are smart, if they are the favorite, if they are funny. I hate when jealousy comes into play, especially if it is in the workplace. She just came out and said that it takes her time to trust people and that she cannot see herself trusting me or the new girl. That kind of worries me, because she is the one who data enters the file information and she still has all of Robert's files. I made it known that I am lost not knowing what I am supposed to do with Robert's files, because she still has them, so I am trying to cover all the bases with the kids he had. I hope this makes her understand why I am lost. Of course, I didnt mention that my boss did not explain anything about the service logs except that you have to be creative~ no examples. My boss concentrated on the files and I have no problem with the files, but a person who has been there for a good while was at the training also, so I guess I havent done too bad. My boss said that my files look good, but he was concerned that I only had six files to turn in November. Again, that was not my fault because I didnt know what I was doing, but of course, I didnt bring that up, because they think it was just poor time management. The thing is that I spent too much time with my boss and with Robert and didnt get trained properly, but of course, I didnt voice that either. I have been worried about not completing my service logs that I need to turn in for December, but I still have some time to get it done by Friday. I am worried about my job, because I know that if the paperwork is not up to par, I might not be working for this company next school year. 

After the meeting, I went to see where the Echo Hotel is, because that is where we will be having the CPR training on Monday and I dont want to get lost.

I stopped at the Dollar Tree close by and was blown away at all the money I could have been saving if I had known that it is far better than any other dollar store. I found lots of goodies that I can use for activities in my groups: swishy balls, clay, cards, dice, masking tape, award certificates, stickers, scissors... learning books for my grandkids... wire drawer organizers that sell for a pretty penny at Bedroom, Bath and Beyond. . a first aid kit... gardenia carpet deodorizer... even mocha cappuccino cream wafer rolls... and packaging paper. Everything was $1.00. What bargains! And I got plenty of exercise, too, going up and down every single aisle, and laughter from a little girl who kept showing off the pretty things she found as she followed me all around the store.

When I got home, I couldnt wait to test the drawer organizers. I rearranged my kitchen drawers and smiled because my drawers dont look like junk drawers anymore. Makes me happy!

Because I hadnt eaten since breakfast, I was famished, so I made some bean tacos and ate some of the capppuccino cookies.

I sat down to watch some television, and even though they are re-runs, I always get a laugh from watching Everybody Loves Raymond.

I was pretty tired by the end of my day. My best friend loves shopping, but shopping always seems to tire me out, so I curled up in my bed and covered myself with my purple sheets and purple blanket and lay my head on my purple pillowcase and went mi-mis. Before, I knew it, it was already Saturday. I didnt even hear the alarm clock go off this morning.

So in review, it looks like the Three Kings did stop by for a visit, even when I wasnt looking! Wow! How can that be?!

These are the gifts that The Three Kings brought to me:

employment/income
friends/relationships
communication/clarification/kindness
time
guidance and direction
savings, abundance, wealth
fun
smiles and laughter
health and exercise
organization and order
things that are sweet
nourishment
comfort
peace and rest
my favorite color
my favorite things
protection and shelter

Wow! I am so blessed.

May you always find blessings in your day,

Win =.)

No comments: