Friday, December 23, 2005

No 16

GRATEFUL LIST (cont'd)

16. I am grateful for my . I am grateful that I have never had a cavity, but I am especially grateful for the skilled surgeon who put my mouth back together and wired my teeth shut so that they wouldnt fall out after a tragic car accident on Good Friday of 1980. 

One of my greatest fears is having to wear false teeth someday. I remember my grandpa pulling his teeth out every time he would eat, because he couldnt train himself to eat with his false teeth. My mother is slim because she is embarassed to eat in public with her false teeth and also because she keeps breaking them if she eats something that is too hard. My ex loved my cooking, but he didnt have any back teeth because he ate too much candy as a child and it was too difficult to eat with only his front teeth.

Eating food is a delightful pleasure to our tastebuds. I want to be slim, but I do not want it to be because it hurts to eat.

Remember, you do not have to brush all of your teeth... only the ones you want to keep... and if you are smart, that means all of them! 

If you see a man without a , give him yours, especially if he is cute, but if you just cant bring yourself to do it, give him my phone number instead. =.)

Sorry for the delay in entries. AOL continues to give me such stupid problems. I wish I could get rid of the ads in my blog. It doesnt surprise me that so many of my AOL friends have left AOL. The ads were the last straw.

I have been and still am seriously sick with no insurance. Today is my first day of rest and I still feel like my throat is packed with pieces of broken glass. I hope it is not pneumonia.

 (Mary, you might want to take this graphic for your journal.)

It was extremely cold the two days I had to be at Ropes training, but I thank the Lord that it is behind me, now. I was dying in that harsh wind for two days. It just made me even more sick than before I went out there. They should have postponed it to a better day.

The store-bought medications have not worked. What seems to be helping are my homemade remedies. Some people believe that onion and garlic are the best medication. Onion is good for your lungs and garlic is a good antibiodic. If I get hungry, I prepare two corn-tortilla tacos with lots of sauteed garlic and lots of onion slices and a handful of shredded mozzarella cheese. At night, I peel a grapefruit and add chopped garlic and honey. My tastebuds are not working very well at this time, but I would say it tastes pretty good. All in all, I have been eating at least one head of garlic per day. That means I will need to go back to the supermarket pretty soon.

I have been having a difficult time with chronic constipation, so sometimes, I will eat a cup of lowfat flavored yogurt after I eat the grapefruit mixture. I am not a doctor, but I would say that the infection has gone down into my stomach as well. I will continue with my home remedies because that seems to be what is working.

The most embarassing part is that I have been coughing so hard that I have not been able to control my bladder. I was so afraid to smell like urine at the Ropes training. I havent used sanitary napkins since 1987, but this time, I used them for a different kind of flow control, and they worked. Always overnight rescued me from three days of embarassment at work.

PLEASURE

Today, I will allow my body to receive the nurturing power napping and the pleasure of complete, uninterrupted rest.

Keep smiling and thanks for dropping by. 

Love, Win =.)

P.S. I wish I was more into the holiday spirit, as many of you are. Xmas is but a couple of days away, but you would never know it if you peeked through the keyhole of my apartment door... no tree, no wrapped presents, no red or green, no Xmas music... just a sick ailing little woman with bed hair, a pajama top and socks, wrapped up in a blanket and surrounded by a very messy apartment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHHHH WINN -- SORRY YOUR SICK----i LIKE YOUR REMIDIES TO FEEL BETTER --ONE THING ON CONSTIPATION A CUP OF CARROTT JUICE IN THE MORNING WILL GET YA REGULAR AND IT IS GOOD FOR YA AND EASY.
-------HUGS,  MARY      

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling well.  Hope you're feeling better now.  We all have alot to be grateful for.  *Hugs*  Dana