Sunday, February 6, 2005

Responsibilities

                     

www.uitinbrabant.nl

It is so much easier to be helpful to other people than it is to be helpful to myself. I am important, too.

For being a few minutes late with the rent, I had to pay an extra $25.00. How could I have done that to myself?!!

The groceries I bought last week are gone, but I didnt even lose one pound from last week's intake. I have taken my eyes off my goals. 

   

www.geekwagon.com 

How much longer will I indulge in self-punishment?!! I am not committed to this cause, because I am afraid of attracting the wrong man~ again~ and having to face yet another heartbreak, but if I attract the wrong kind of man, shame on him for being totally unprepared to meet someone as wonderful as myself and not wanting to straighten himself out! 

            

OK.. so I am not even five feet tall... Perhaps that wouldnt work for moi...

BUT...

After waiting a lifetime to find him, if Mr Right finally shows up, shame on me for allowing that opportunity to pass me by...  

Dont hide behind the weight because you are afraid of meeting the wrong man; be more afraid of hiding behind the weight and losing out on the opportunity of meeting a really great guy.

  www.piercemattie.com

 

Maria Orozco as Betty La Fea! (yes, it is the same person)

La Mujer en el Espejo 

Paola Rey as La Mujer en el Espejo (yes, it is the same person)

 

Marilyn Monroe (yes, it is the same person)

Formerly NormaJeane Dougherty, model for Blue Book Modeling Agency. David Conover discovered her working in a wartime factory, the Radioplane Corporation, in June of 1945. www.glamournet.com

JARED  

Jared S Fogle~ the Subway diet guy, formerly 425 lbs; current wt 190.

Miracles are only for those who must see it to believe it.

The success and accomplishments of others should bring us hope for the possibility of our own successes and accomplishments.

Do not become so comfortable in your Glass Box that you fail to allow others to see the beauty within yourself. Do not become so comfortable in your Glass Box that you fail to take a risk at being something more in life.

P.S. My apologies to Michael Jackson fans out there who might be offended by the HOME ALONE picture above. It may have been in poor taste to include the picture, but I just thought the picture was funny. I do agree that all people have a right to be persumed innocent until proven guilty and that everyone has the right to a fair trail.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You shouldn't settle or compromise yourself for anyone!
hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures to remind me that I have hidden sooo many years behind fat as a way to be safe--ya know that he would leave me everytime I lost weight--I now know that he felt threatened--afraid that I would do as he was doing.
Your comments are so needed and loved---Mary