Sunday, April 22, 2007

Thank Heavens for Little Girls

                                                                               

This is a 
picture of Baby Mira and her big sister, Lexi.  Miss Lexi is still a toddler, but I am very surprised that she  doesn't look like a baby anymore. 

              

I went in to work yesterday, but it doesn't feel as if I have put a dent in my work. There is still so much to do. It is hard not to feel overwhelmed.


My boss says that they will be selecting folders of the kids who did the surveys. That means that I have to get all of those folders up to date. That is going to be hard, because there are about 60 folders that I need to catch up on. I wish I could remember all of the names of the kids that were asked to do the survey. Unfortunately, I lost the paper that had the names of the kids on it. I still need to follow through with my groups, and I have a lot of new groups to start this week, but after work, I will need to focus on bringing those sixty folders up to date. I doubt if I will finish, but I pray that I find that list so I can work on them. 

Other projects I am working on are a proposal to the principal to see if she will allow me to do ROPES with the kids, a letter to take with me to recruit companies who might want to help me to donate prizes for thekids for the end of the school year, and the student recognition awards, of course. Everything is half started, but nothing is completed. I hope the principal will not turn me down for the ROPES.
                                     
 

I hope everyone took some time today to celebrate Earth Day.  Here are some helpful tips and activites you might consider for Earth Day...

1. Take time to be one with nature.
2. Visit a park or sit in the garden.
3. 
Ride your bike.
4. Have a picnic outside.
5. Take a nature walk.
6. Go camping in the woods.
7. Watch the sunrise.
8. Watch the sunset.
9. Smell a flower.
10. Hug a tree.
11. Lie in the grass and watch the clouds as they separate and take form.
12. Observe the birds.
13. Plant a tree.
14. Start a garden.
15. Dance barefoot in the grass.
16. Listen to the sounds of the ocean from a shell.
17. Write a poem or a song about the earth.
18. Paint or draw a landscape or a flower.
19. Create an art sculpture from nature's offerings, such as moss, berries, feathers, twigs, rocks, shells, and leaves.
20. Collect newspapers in a paper grocery bag. Recycle when full.
21. Recycle aluminum cans.
22. Help to clean up your community.
23. Think green when shopping at the supermarket for healthier food choices for yourself and your family.
24. Try a natural cleaner.
25. Switch to florescent light bulbs.
26. Turn off the water when you brush your teeth.
27. Usea water-filter pitcher instead of buying bottled water.
28. Remove yourself from junk mail lists.
29. Install a better showerhead.
30. Turn up your thermostat when your home is empty.
31. Take time to be thankful for all the Earth does for us.
32. 
Find your own way to contribute to the healing of the Earth.  
                            


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you find the lost list and also get all the work done in time.Take care God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journal.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tips...
have a good week..
Lyn


Anonymous said...

Can you re-ask for the list?  I know, hate to admithaving misplaced it, BTDT, but at least at this point in my life, I have a boss who understands so that helps.  It would save you time, right?
Love the photo:)!!!  And, nice tips.

Anonymous said...

I feel overwhelmed everyday at work. Welcome to my world.
Kat / kuhlhiggins@aol.com

Anonymous said...

the picture of the girls is so cute.  they are so pretty.
take care,
Dondie

Anonymous said...

The girls are gorgeous!!
I hope that you are able to get a handle on work soon. It sounds really busy.
~Kathi

Anonymous said...

What a busy time you are having.....but I know you'll pull it all off! The picture of the little girls is absolutely beautiful....what a blessing :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~