Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Easter Eggs

        

Winning With Win
Weekly Tips/Hints      
 
 
Today's Helpful Tips:
 
EASTER EGGS
Prepare the eggs

Place eggs in a saucepan. Fill pan with water to cover 2" above the eggs. Do not cook eggs too fast. Bring to a slow boil for about 10 to 15 minutes. Take off stove. Let eggs sit in the hot water for another 5 to 10 minutes. 

Prepare The Dye

**Vinegar

**Food Coloring in three basic colors: Red,Yellow,& Blue

Fill small glass containers or cups with boiling water. Add 1 Tbsp vinegar and a few drops food coloring. The more drops of food coloring you use, the darker the color.  You only need 3 colors of food coloring.  With these colors you can make a huge spectrum of different shades of colors. Equal drops of red and yellow make orange, blue and yellow make green, and red and blue make purple. Changing the quantity of drops can make different colors like teal, turquoise, magenta, violet, brick red, etc. You will need a different spoon for each color so the colors will remain true.

Using Crayons

Before you put the eggs into the dye, you can draw on the eggs with a crayon. Using warm eggs makes it easier to color or write on with the crayons. As this slightly melts the wax crayon and to make smoother drawings. If you use different colors of crayons, the colors will show through with the dyeing process when you add the egg to the dye mixtures.

Rubber Bands

You can use rubber bands around the eggs to make different banding colors. This process starts out with a plain white egg with rubber bands. Dip the egg in a primary color like yellow, then after the egg dries remove the rubber bands and place egg in red. This will give you an orange egg with red bands. Try it with different color combinations. You can also start with a colored egg like yellow, let it dry and place the rubber bands on the egg and then dip in red. This will give an orange colored egg with yellow bandings. Use different sized rubber bands to make various sized bandings.

Using Candle Wax

Take a piece of white wax from a candle and try to gently sharpen the tip with a knife so you can write with it like a crayon. Use the tip to make eggs look like watermelons, to make intricately beautiful designs or  to write names on the eggs.  Dip the eggs in the food coloring mixture and watch your secret writings and delicate art appear on the egg. 

Marbled Easter Eggs

To make marbled colored Easter eggs you need to add about a tablespoon of oil in your dye mixture. Make sure your dye mixture has plenty of food coloring. The darker color makes better marbling. Make sure to have at least several inches of coloring mixture and oil to marble your eggs. Use a fork to swirl the oil and coloring. You can use a plain white egg or a previously colored one, place it in the mixture and roll around. Remove and let dry. These eggs take a little longer than normal to dry.

Drying Your Easter Eggs

The best way to dry your eggs are in the carton they came from, before using it while you are preparing the eggs poke small holes in each compartment. This will help drain the dipping from the drying egg. Don't forget to place something under the egg carton so you won't get the egg dye everywhere. The egg carton can leave the unwanted marks on the sides of the eggs sometimes. Try this tip. Cut toilet paper or paper towel rolls down to make little egg holders. These can also be decorated and used to set your eggs around the house for decoration. Similar apparatuses come with the egg decorating kits.

Drying eggs takes about 15 minutes. Eggs should be left to dry before doing different steps on them.

I tried to add a background to this entry, but it didn't work. I will try again when I make another entry.

I have been sick since August. I have been feeling so bad that I didn't go in to work yesterday. I went to the doctor instead and discovered that I have Bronchitis. The X-Ray showed it all. My lungs are all full of stuff. It is really bad. I could barely breathe, so the doctor put me on a breathing machine which helped a lot. She had the nursegive me two injections, and she prescribed four medications. Nonetheless, I went to work today. I have to work so I can get paid so I can pay my bills. I hope I can hold on for the next two days, because I will be off on Good Friday.

I continue to be very behind in my work, especially because my health has kept me from working late and going to work on Saturdays. I have been feeling so weak. Although I close my eyes, I am not getting a good night's rest. I am so worried about being so behind in my work, especially since I do not have much time to complete it.

Please keep me in your prayers.

Win =.)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww I am so sorry to read you are feeling under the weather.I had bronchitis last yr and I know the feeling.I went for x rays too. I had an infection in my lungs and I too was so tired and short of breath.The medication didi the trick.Hopfully you will feel better soon.Thanx for the imfo on  Easter Eggs.Try not to worry too much about work.Worrying doesn't bring things right.Take care God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Hope this finds you feeling some better and stronger today.  

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tips I will be doing this later today.  Barbara

Anonymous said...

great tips..  i think i am going to try the rubberbands..  hope you have a great afternoon.
Dondie

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting these tips on Egg dying.  Very cool!  Hope you get to feeling better soon!  Prayers for you.  Love, Shelly

Anonymous said...

I really hope that you can get well soon.   That's awful to be so sick for so long, of course you couldn't work your best.   I'll try that rubberband idea on eggs next year!   We did ours yesterday:)  -- Robin

Anonymous said...

WIN,
I CAN'T HELP BUT BE AMAZED AT YOUR GRACIOUSNESS EVEN IN THE MIDST OF YOUR OWN SERIOUS TRIALS--TIPS AND HINTS FOR THE MOST COLORFUL AND DELIGHTFUL EASTER EGGS...OF WHICH WILL COME IN HANDY WITH MY 3 NEPHEWS!!!  THANKS SO MUCH.

MY CONCERN AND PRAYERS ARE EVEN STRONGER WITH YOUR RECENT ENTRY--BRONCHITIS IS NO JOKE.  PLEASE REST AND TAKE CARE OF YOU. ALL THE PRESSURES OF LIFE CONTINUE TO PRESS DOWN ON US FOR SURE, BUT WE MUST STRENGTHEN OURSELVES IN ORDER TO STAY IN THE FLOW OF LIFE.  I AM PRAYING MORE SPECIFICALLY FOR YOU.  GOD ANSWERS PRAYERS AND HE WILL BLESS US WITH COMPLETE HEALING AND RESTORATION.  I HAVE FAITH!!
TAKE CARE OF YOU...LOVE YOU, G

Gifts Galore said...

Tips and images were taken from this webpage: http://easter-stuff.net/Easter-Egg-Tips.htm