Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Another Quickie?!

I went in to work this morning, but I didn't stay. I was feeling so sick, that I decided to go ahead and see the doctor. She scolded me for not taking better care of myself, especially my thyroid.

"Your thyroid controls everything, she said. Everything is out of whack. Your blood pressure is up. Your cholesterol is up. You are a time bomb waiting to happen. You are heading straight to a stroke."

I don't know if she was trying to scare me into making better choices in my diet, but I didn't blink an eye at her words. It surprised me that my cholesterol was up because it has always been low. About my blood pressure, well, I can feel that, especially with all the stress I am going through right now. The headaches have been really bad. 

She asked me what I do for a living. For some reason, people always assume that women have someone to take care of them so they do not have to work. I think that is funny that women would rather be dependant on someone else instead of standing on their own two feet. I guess that is because in this area, women would rather be dominated by a macho man than lift a hand to work. I know I would rather work than to be dominated by a man like that.

It took me almost two hours at the pharmacy to get my medication, and the doctor gave me the wrong prescription for my thyroid. Now that's funny. She didn't even bother to ensure that she had the right dosage. So going to the doctor and getting my medications took all day. When I came home, I took the meds and slept.

I hadn't finished the Student Recognition certificates, so I sat down this evening to cut them out one by one. It is so much work to get them done, especially now that I have 103 students, but I finished them. I just need to add a date.

The week went by so fast and I havent had an opportunity to work on the paperwork. I submitted the ROPES proposal to the principal this morning. I hope she will say yes.

  Win =.)

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am happy to read you got some meds even if she did give you the wrong dosage Grrrr Typical of my doc that wouldn't be her sis would it LOL!!I was ill last yr with the same mistake.I hope the meds improve how you feel in a few more days when you have taken some.Don't work too hard take it easy.Take Care God Bless.Kath
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astorisand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're not feeling well, but glad you saw the Dr.
I can't count all the times pharmacys have given me the wrong dosage or wrong med! GRRR
Hugs, Sug

Anonymous said...

Hiya i hope you are feeling better today. Someone needs telling to look after them selfs more. I know you are snowed under with work but you have to take care of you first, then your work. You can not do the work if you are sick.Your certainly a tough cookie and you need recognition for the work you do put in.
love and hugs
Katie

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better today..  take care of yourself.  We want to keep you around for a longgggggggggg time..
Have a great day,
Dondie

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better today.
Hugs,
Dana

Anonymous said...

Sorry....this post is today. I thought it was yesterday's.  I'm trying to catch up on journal reading.  Take care of yourself Win and hope you get to feeling better!
Hugs,
Dana

Anonymous said...

be careful and take care of you....
I do hope the meds will help you out....
you need time for you....
-Ellie

Anonymous said...

Oh Win,
Please take care of yourself Dear.....I'm very worried about you. I'll be praying for you and hope things improve soon.

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~