Sunday, January 7, 2007

Changing the Script

 
I am the STAR of my own LIFE. How can I change the bad Script in my head?!#
 
Things that might sabotage my weight-loss journey...
 
 
1. My mother's critical words.
2. Watching too much TV.
3. Spending too much time on the computer.
4. Working long hours.
5. Thyroid - Low Metabolism
6. Physical Pain.
7. Bad weather.
8. Poor food choices.
9. Stress.
10.  Not making time for exercise.
11. Not being prepared.
12. Not planning.
13.  Procrastination.
14. Trying to fit other things into my schedule.
15. Not keeping track of progress.
16. Embarrassment
17. Failing to take care of my health
18. Lack of support
19. Feeling hopeless
20. Heartbreak
21. Hating the way I look
22. Not being able to fit in my workout clothes
23. Not having the money for good tennis shoes.
23. Inability to motivate myself
24. Not trying
25. Starting over too many times
26. Jealous people who don't want you to succeed
27. Not being able to wash my workout clothes because we have too many people using the washer and dryer
28. Chocolate
29. Eating too much at night.
30. Giving up
 
Things that could help with my weight-loss journey...
 
 
1. Be around positive people.
2. Read or watch inspirational stories of people who've made a difference.
3. Good conversations that include talking, listening, and laughing.
4. Apply quotes from people that I admire into my life.
5. Sleep at least 7-1/2 hours.
6. Walk to strengthen my lower body and tighten my butt.
7. Use free weights and waist exercises for my upper body.
8. Use yoga and tai-chi to get rid of tension and elongate my muscles.
9. Get a massage on a regular basis.
10. Search for quick and simple recipes, especially to travel to work.
11. Stick up quotes, reminders, and pictures of what I would like to look like.
12.Listen to more music and watch less TV.
13. Wear something secret that gives special meaning towards my goals. 
14. Invest in at least two complete workout outfits for mix-matching and washing.
15. Invest in a good pair of walking tennis shoes.
16. Put all exercise gear in one place.
17. Drink plenty of fluids.
18. Plan meals before going to the grocery store.
19. Schedule in exercise and stick to it.
20. Have a Plan B for exercising when the weather is bad.
21. Make sure there is always Advil in my apartment.
22. Use the calendar to record my weight and exercise progress.
23. Stock a low-fat snack drawer at the office.
24. Drink a glass of water with lemon before every meal.
25. Keep up with housework so I have more time for other things.
26. Get creative!
27. Go through my stuff and donate things someone else might need.
28. Visit people who have no one that visits them.
29. Take short trips to Corpus.
30. Stop eating two to three hours before bedtime.
31. Journaling.
32. Make time to look for a potential boyfriend.
 
The only difference between a loser and a winner is DECISION.
 
No matter how embarrassing, there is no proof greater than my own progress.
 
Winivere
P.S. Yesterday was January 6th. It was Three Kings Day. What did the Kings bring you?! I tried to get to the grocery store to get some Three Kings Day Rosca, tamales, and Abuelita chocolate, but the market was too crowded and there was no place to park. I did find a new pair of shoes and a gas station with gas @ $2.03/gallon. Once again, I have been deprived of dessert~ no dessert on Thanksgiving, no dessert on Christmas, no dessert on New Year's, no dessert on Three Kings Day. No wonder I am still craving something sweet!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great entry!  You are not only helping yourself, but you are helping me.  Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Great positive inspirational post!! keep 'em coming!
lyn

Anonymous said...

Those lists are FANTASTIC!!!!  Thanks so much for posting them.  They put alot of good ideas in my head.

((hugs))
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Those are two great lists and what a wonderful idea to make them!! It helps put things into perspective and focus on the things that need the most attention. I may steal your idea and make some of my own tomorrow for my fridge. Thanks Win, for your ever constant words of wisdom in my life :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

Hey Win,

This was a good entry. I really think that you should try yoga. It will help you how to breathe and learn good posture. You will be amazed. Before you work on the outside of your body, you should quiet the inside and prepare yourself mentally for your weight loss journey.

I also recommend a lot of walking.  But you already know that. Walk up and down your street, or around your school.

Everyone will trip up and make mistakes, but the key is not beating yourself up over it and getting back on track. And please stop feeling embarrassed. There are a lot of people in your shoes or way worse.

What matters is that you keep trying. At least you haven't given up. And you should be proud of yourself for that.

Anonymous said...

P.S: You are an amazing woman. If you can survive a major automobile accident, be told by doctors that you'll never walk and end up WALKING, then you are definitely strong enough to accomplish your weightloss goals. That's all I have to say.