Wednesday, May 17, 2006

On Standing Still

               

Be not afraid of progressing slowly. Be afraid of standing still.

The progress of this journey was a short-lived 4 to 5 months, but after that, the anger and the stress inside and outside myself forced my progress to stand still. That's not much progress for a journal that is almost three years in the making.

I dont like it when I tell myself that this time I am going to do it, and then, I lose my grip and I go back to standing still. The food that I put into my mouth is sometimes for comfort, but usually, it is a form of self-defense to hide behind the weight. 

This morning, the moon rose up to greet me on the way to work. I love seeing the moon in the morning. When that happens, it is as if God is telling me that everything is going to work out o.k.

I started the day by taking the time to exercise before I went to work, I ate healthy and within control today, and I have consumed enough fluids for the day. I know it is only one day of progress, but nonetheless, it IS progress.

Life at work contines to be stressful and you can cut the tension with a knife. The end of the year is coming to a close. There are many reports that must be completed and there are still kids that I have to see. But this mess is almost over, and hopefully, I wont have to see these people again. 

I dont know why I always attract mean people into my life, but I suppose it is just part of life.

      

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Win,

You are a strong woman.  So, drop that defeatist attitude -- it is NOT a 'part of life' to have mean people in your life.  You can get rid of them as easily as they invaded you 'space'!

I've only ever gotten the independant and intelligent side of you from our conversations.  THAT'S WHO YOU ARE, lady!  Remember that.

When are you coming back my way, I would love to meet you face to face and show you that there are 'nice & good' people in your life, too.

Your friend,
Andrea

Anonymous said...

Just found your journal, hope you'll come visit me.
Blessings, SUGAR

http://journals.aol.com/sugarsweet056/SUGARSLIFE/

http://journals.aol.com/sugarsweet056/PRAYING4U/

Anonymous said...

WIN!!!! I have missed ya muchhhh.   Glad your back----  I think that it would be great fun to have a buch of us online friends get together somewhere and have a cup,   Stay positive smart lady and I know how it is to run into folks like "meanies" in our work, wouldn't ya think in that line of work they would KNOW BETTER?
---I am going to start looking more at the moon by myself--as  I have heard "taking a walk with God" --Walkin' and Talkin with God sounds real good to me and lettin' the moon shine on me--I'll think of Ya  as God's Love shines down on us all here in Journal Land!!!!
---Granny Hugs to YA, MARY  

Anonymous said...

I totally understand what you mean about attracting mean people. I feel the same way sometimes.
I hope that you are having a good week.

hugs,
Kathi

Anonymous said...

Hello Wini, visited you a few times, from Sugars journal. You are a interesting person.  You came by my journal and asked how I was loosing the weight, I gave up soda!!! I drink water now. And  try to  eat  small portions. But I know it has been mainly the giving up of the sugary drinks. I have a friend that did that also, and he lost 75 lbs in 8 months.
Check ya later.
your journaling friend, Liz
http://journals.aol.com/bethjunebug/Bethjunebug