Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Friendship

What made us good friends...
You and I...
I think I know the reason why...
The best in me...
And the best in you...
Held each other, because they knew...
That always and always...
Since life began...
Our being friends...
Was part of God's plan
 
The poem above is a poem that I wrote when I was in Junior High. Unfortunately, I gave it to a classmate (Juan Hernandez) who had it published, but he didnt add my name to it. When I saw it at a Christian Book Store, I couldnt believe it, but there was my poem on a little card. My poem is sold at every Christian Book Store! Next time you are in a Christian Book Store, look for it and you will find it. Unfortunately, it doesnt have my name on it...
 
I sometimes wonder how much money he made from my poem. I sometimes wonder why he didnt bother to contact me to let me know that he was going to have it published. I sometimes wonder if he carried that poem with him into his adulthood. I sometimes wonder if he had it published because he forgot my name. I sometimes wonder how that poem would have changed my life if I had been the one to have it published. I sometimes wonder......

On a lighter note, to Andi, who says that she wants me to see that there are also GOOD PEOPLE in my life, I want you to know that your kind words touched me. And so, I dedicate this poem to you and for the selected few that God has generously placed into my life. Friendship is a wonderful gift. Thank you for being my friend.

P.S.~ Ooops! Forgot to write about the food thang... A commercial on TV indicates that studies show that people who drink milk regularly weigh less and have less body fat. It is also said that milk helps to trim the waistline. I am an hourglass, but the weight has hidden my waistline into nonexistant. My brain is used to dressing like an hourglass. I have no idea how to dress this drastic body change. I miss my hourglass figure. It continues to hide itself in The Glass Box. Sighhhhhh...

And so, I am challenging this milk idea. Is it true? Will it transform my body into the way I want it to be?!@#  I miss being thin. 

P.S.S.  I purchased a new computer @ Wal-Mart. It is a laptop. I had so many problems with my old computer. I hope I will have better luck with this one. I am trying to adjust to the mouse and the compact features, but so far, I love it.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Gurl! TY for coming by my main journal, & leaving a comment! Next time you're there please sign the guest book.
Visit my other journals too, I left the links in your previous entry, plus they're on my side bar!
I'm putting yours on my alerts. Enjoyed the poem you posted, too bad about it being stolen from you. I've had several written things that others have taken & claimed, but that's ok...God will give me my rewards some day! :)
Congrats on the new laptop! I've never had one, I barely know how to use tis one! LOL
Have a good night.
Blessings,
SUGAR

Anonymous said...

I hate that you didn't get an recongnition from that sweet poem. I will look for it when I am in a bookstore next time.

I hope that the new computer works out great for you!

hugs,
Kathi