Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Life from the Neck Up

  My God! What I would do to have a closet like this! But alas, not all of us can afford such luxuries. The French are appalled at all the clothes that Americans have. Instead of quantity, they focus on quality.

This cleanup project made me realize that I keep buying the same clothes. How many pairs of black pants do you really need and why is there only one pair that actually fits?! 

The bulk of my body has limited me to what I can actually wear now. A closet full of clothes is not the ticket. It is not the clothes' fault that I look like this in them. What is worse is that there are so many orphans, very few actual outfits, and I dont have the right clothes for some of my activities.  

This weekend, I tried to donate five bags of clothes and shoes to Salvation Army but they refused to take them, so I took them to Goodwill and they refused them, too. They say the fire marshall told them that they had too many clothes which is a fire hazzard. Hummm, so does that mean that if I have too many clothes, it is considered a fire hazzard?!! That thought never dawned on me. In my opinion, I think it is harder for those charities to sell clothes than it is for them to sell little knicknacks and stuff.

To top things off, I also donated two bags of clothes to Shareable Wearables. I wish I could say that I am done, but when your weight goes up and down and mostly up, the results are a closet full of clothes in different sizes that dont fit. Sounds funny, I know, but what really hurts is that it is wasted money that could have gone to a better good. Still, I am glad that someone will be able to benefit from my "mistakes."

Two of the students want to help me to put my apartment in order so that they can earn some money. Ever since I started this project, I gave myself more work than I bargained for, because my apartment is in such a mess now. What did I do?! I made things worse, and even though I have been able to get rid of a lot of stuff, it feels as if I havent made any progress at all.

It is kind of scary to allow these students to help me, to allow them to see where I live and to allow them to see the mess that I have made of my apartment. I am having second thoughts. Is it any wonder that I prefer to do things myself over being embarrassed?! So many people have no problem permitting someone to come into their home to clean their mess. God help me to get past my pride. With my bad back and lack of energy, it definitely would be helpful to have someone to take the boxes and trash down the stairs and out to the bin on the other side of the complex. And it would be good to finally get things in order.

Weighing both sides of the coin,

Win =.)

P.S. Speaking of weighing... I continue to take this milk challenge seriously. Drinking milk helps me not to feel as hungry. And in the words of Martha Stewart, that is a GOOD thing! I hope that drinking 24 oz of milk daily will help me to lose weight.

Looking at my reflection has become too scary to tolerate. No wonder most people only have mirrors that permit them to look at themselves from the neck up.

   Limiting myself to look at myself only from the neck up has forced me to realize that I am only living my life from the neck up. Without my body, it's as if I am living my life as a severed head. Just thinking about that makes me feel like I am the star of a horror flick. Is it any wonder that my life is in such a mess?!

I went to Walgreens looking for a cream that helps cut your appetite and helps you to lose inches. I know it works because I used it in the past but they ran out of it. The salesclerk informed me that a girl came in looking for a moisturizer that boxers use to lose weight/ inches because it helps them to sweat. The moisturizer was available and it was about $10, $2 less than the one I was actually looking for, so I will try it and see if it works.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want a closet like that too!!! I love clothes & shoes. Even at 3X. But like you trying to loose it. Good luck.
God Bless,
your journaling size 3X friend, Liz
http://journals.aol.com/bethjunebug/Bethjunebug