Sunday, February 19, 2006

SIZE does MATTER

Rearranging your life can be as difficult as trying to rearrange furniture within the space of a small apartment! 

Oh my God! Am I hearing voices? Is this what Monica hears when she sees a room that needs help? Oh, if only I could borrow a little of her obsessive compulsive cleaning behaviors for at least once a week, once a month or once a year! Good gosh! They've been giving too many Friends reruns....

No, my furniture would not be able to fit my apartment as cleverly as the graphic above. I wish it did... but this graphic has no TV or desk, either. My sofa is huge, because it curves around like a sectional, which limits where I can put it. I will probably need to move the furniture back... But I am not going to move it back today!

Why did the voices tell me that I need to keep the desk in the living room instead of trying to overcrowd the bedroom with it?! It would have been so much easier to just take the desk back into the bedroom. Keeping the desk in the living room means everything else has to be moved.

Unlike what we see on TV, this is not a fun project for someone who has to work a room alone. Taking a risk to change something in your life is scary. Sometimes the results are worth the risk, but sometimes it is just easier to keep things just as they are.

Ruffling my feathers in my nest, knowing this little space also limits the size of man that I can bring into my nest! Dang!

Win =.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to read you again.  Very cute!  Happy Sunday to ya'!

Anonymous said...

Haing problems getting your alerts.  Just signed for them again.
http://journals.aol.com/rainy35/BamaSweetiePiesWeightLossJournal