Friday, December 2, 2005

No. 13

I had to look at my entire Grateful List to think of something to add. Scroll down to #13 to find the one I added today. It is written in purple.

GRATEFUL LIST (Add one more thing daily)


1. Although I am not where I would like to live, I am grateful that I have running water, electricity, and a roof over my head.

2. My job causes me stress, but I am grateful that I am no longer working with idiots who dont know how to treat people like human beings, and I am grateful that I have a job that provides me with benefits and steady income.

3. I do not have a fancy car, but I am grateful that my car is paid for and that I can depend on it to get me to where I need to be.

4. I enjoy spending time by myself, but  I am grateful that I have a telephone and a computer that allow me to reach out to people whenever I want to.

                                 

5. Although I have multiple health problems, I am grateful that I still look young and that when people see me, they have no idea how old I am or that I have health problems. Although I am considered obese, I am grateful that I still have admirers and that there are some people who would die to have a body like mine.

6. After all that I have been through, I am grateful that I havent gone insane and that my mind still works.

7. Although they live far away, I am grateful that I have two wonderful children who are blessed with little cherubs of their own.

8. I am grateful for the farmers who plant and harvest food and raise farm animals so that all I have to do is to select whatever I want from the supermarket.

9. I am grateful that I live in the United States, the greatest country in the world... the land of dreams, opportunity, equality, and choices.

10. Although my life has been hard, I am grateful that life has provided me with all the tools that I need to make it in this world. I am grateful that my many gifts, talents, skills, and successes have helped me to help so many people to find their own way. Now it is time to help myself.

                          

11. I am grateful for all of the inventors of the world. It is because of their creativity and imagination that I was able to be successful as a working single mother and student. It is because of their creativity that I was not a slave to my house and that I was able to accomplish the little things so that I could focus on the big things. 

12. In my childhood, people would tell me that I was chubs. Looking at my childhood pictures, I find it hard to believe why they would tell me that (especially my mother), because I was not fat. They just made me believe that I was. By Kate Moss standards, my skinny friends made me look fat. By Marilyn Monroe standards, I was not far from perfection. I am grateful that even when doctors told me that losing weight with a thyroid problem is impossible, I proved them wrong. I am grateful that I know what it is like to be slim and that I know what it is like to feel pretty. I am grateful that I have experienced losing weight many times. I am grateful, because I know that with God's help, I can lose weight again.

13. I am grateful for music, for musicians, and for the radio, for the upbeat music from the radio was the first form of happiness that I can remember. In a troubled world of abuse and neglect, music came to me like a ray of hope, a world that I could get lost in, a world where I could forget my troubles, even if it was for but a little while. I am grateful for the soundtrack of my life, for doowop, rock and roll, the Beatles, Dick Clark, Wolf Man Jack, Donna Summer, and the unforgetable words of Gloria Gaynor: I WILL SURVIVE.  

At first I was afraid. I was petrified. Kept thinking I could never live without you by my side But I spent so many nights thinking how you did me wrong. I grew strong. I learned how to carry on...and so you're back from outer space. I just walked in to find you here with that sad look upon your face. I should have changed my stupid lock. I should have made you leave your key if I had known for just one second, you'd be back to bother me

Go on now. Go walk out the door. Just turn around now 'cause you're not welcome anymore. Weren't you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye? You think I'd crumble. You think I'd lay down and die. Oh no, not I. I will survive as long as I know how to love, I know I will stay alive. I've got all my life to live. I've got all my love to give, and I'll survive. I will survive.

It took all the strength I had not to fall apart, kept trying hard to mend the pieces of my broken heart, and I spent oh so many nights just feeling sorry for myself. I used to cry. Now I hold my head up high.
And you see me, somebody new. I'm not that chained up little person still in love with you and so you felt like dropping in and just expect me to be free. Now I'm saving all my loving for someone who's loving me

PLEASURE

Today, I feel as if I lost a day. I didnt do the service logs correctly, so I have homework to do over the weekend.

To relax, tonight, I will do something that is also good for my face. I will give myself a facial.

 

 

 

 

Tie back your hair and keep it off your face.  Place a warm, wet towel on your face and keep it there for a few minutes.  Remove the towel and wash your face using cleanser that's suitable to your skin type. 

Fill a pot with water. Add herbs suitable to your skin type or a few drops of essential oil. For example, chamomile, fennel seeds and roses are good for dry skin, and rosemary, lavender and peppermint can help oily skin.  Put the pot on the stove and bring the water to a boil. Remove the pot from the heat.  Drape the towel over your head and hold your face over the steam. Steam for 5 or 10 minutes, or whatever is comfortable.  

Put on a mud/clay mask, avoiding the eye area.  Lie down and relax as the mask dries. Cucumber slices over the eyes are cooling.  Rinse your face, making sure to get all traces of the mask off.  

Conclude your facial with toner, then moisturizer.

 

QUOTE

Though I am grateful for blessings of wealth, it hasnt changed who I am. My feet are still on the ground. I'm just wearing better shoes.  ~ Oprah Winfrey

Love, Win =.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love that staircase pic!  I'm so grateful for music!  Music lifts my spirits!  I couldn't live without music.

Anonymous said...

You do have a lot to be grateful and thankful for.
This was a great entry.
hugs,
Kathi