Sunday, September 24, 2006

Raindrops On My Windowpane

  Summer Is GONE!!!

but Fall is HERE!!!      

How do you dress a chubby girl?!!!!! How did this chubby girl manage to look sexy?!! Anybody out there got any idea about how to hide those rolls and bulges?! I wonder what she looks like sideways....

re: www.byrodesigns.com    www.monifc.com

Autumn has brought us a lot of rain. The raindrops keep tapping against the Glass Box. The loud thunder sounds as if God is having a hard time trying to decide how he is going to rearrange his furniture. Could it be that he is trying to make room for me in heaven?! Fortunately, I still have electricity.

Dealing with stress continues to be my fiercest obstacle. Missing five days of work within a two week period because of my recent fall, I had to push hard to meet my quota for the month and to complete my October calendar, but somehow, I managed, although I am not completelyhappy with the topics I have chosen to start the new year. I may have to change them. 

I continue to hurt from my bad fall, but like all good single women, my life as a single person must go on. Missing days from work means my paycheck may be less, because a new year of work means you have to accumulate the hours, and the year has only just begun. Sighhh...

I am excited that the principal approved the peer pressure skit that I had planned for Red Ribbon Week. I want my kids to stand out as doing something positive for the school. I hope I can get them to do the skit. It will be good for them. It will help with their self esteem, it will make them feel as if they belong to something, and it will make them proud to know that they are contributing to our school.This is going to be a very challenging year for me, because this school is right on top of things. They really do a lot of stuff for the kids. How can I make my kids look good, too?!

Our spirit shirts have not come in yet, but I am in no great hurry to start wearing them. The principal chose the shirts and she is quite slim... which tells you that the shirts she has chosen were not designed with the calorically-challenged person in mind. I wonder what I will look like in them. <<shock>>  <<more stress>

Does this blog make me look fat?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice entry!
Hope you feel better soon.
Glad the principal approved your skit. Nice that the school has a lot of things going on for the kids. :)
Does your blog make you look fat? On the blog we are all one size!!!! :)  Doesn't matter that I'm over 300. On here I'm a slim as anyone else!
have a great day.
Hugs, Sug

Anonymous said...

We've had so much rain this week, it ain't funny.  We were in a drought all summer.

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to get someone to take me to a store and just DRESS ME UP to make me look good and then let me buy it all!!  I SUCK at dressing myself.  I always look too frumpy!!  How DO you dress a big woman????

We could have a whole journal on that!! (lol)

((hugs))
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

You look Maaahvelous !!!  Hope your feeling better hun.
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

HEY, that dark haired gal in the middle looks a lot like me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---MARY  

Anonymous said...

Hey, Where did you get that picture of me and my sisters at the beach?
Thanks for the comment about the vibrator. That was funny.
Have a nice weekend.
your friend, Liz

Anonymous said...

*Sigh* Win ... we face together so many similiar challenges and doubts.  I wish I could take away the many times concern enters your world, or mine.  Maybe its just a matter of perspective.  On a good day we can feel ourselves handling the obstacles like you getting in the October work ... your glass seems half full, then on the bad day you criticize the work as being not good enough.  

I don't know what it would take to break this cycle, because often enough I find myself within it.  The thought that has helped us the most was the simple words, "Be Nice!"  

Love you!
Ayn