Sunday, September 3, 2006

Likes & Dislikes

                                       

No matter how you slice it... 24 hours or 1,440 minutes or 86,400 seconds..., it is a proven fact that we all have the same amount of time on our hands. So where does the time go? Why is it that some people have more free time than others?! Is it because my mind is always working 24/7? Even when I am asleep, my mind continues to think how I can do this or that. Is it any wonder that my body is always so tired?!

Yesterday, for example, I spent the entire day at Wal-Mart. Judging by the pain in my feet, I gave myself a pretty good workout with all that walking. I found some supplies for work, a purple victorian blouse, a black V-neck hoodie sweater, and a pair of grey "menswear" striped pants. I put most of it on layaway. Layaway! Whoever thought of that idea must have had me in mind. Because my scale died some time ago, I went into the scales aisle and weighed myself. Looks as if I have gained two pounds. That isnt really bad, but unlike Bridget who only had to lose 20 lbs, I need to lose at least fifty pounds.

DISLIKES:

Physical:  1). By American standards, my weight measures my body as obese.  2). It is hard to find clothes that fit when you are short, but it is even harder to find clothes that fit when you are short and fat. 3). My body has changed from an hourglass to a ruler. 4). I dont know how to dress a ruler. 4). My weight adds to my physical pains, making it harder to exercise. 5). I make time for others, but I forget to pamper myself. 6). I tire out too quickly. 6). My eyes are always puffy from allergies. They look tired.

Emotional: 1). Being overweight makes me feel that Iam not as worthy as others. 2). When I am stressed or when someone hurts my feelings, I run to food for comfort. 3). Being overweight makes me feel self-conscious about intimacy.

Self-Control: 1). Lack of self-control makes me feel as if I am not in control of my weight and that triggers on into other areas of my life, as well. 2). Some days, I wish I could just sleep all day and all night. 3). Some days I am more stressed than others. 4). Whenever I have a big project to do, I feel overwhelmed, which makes it hard to get started.

LIKES:

Physical: 1). Although I think my hair is messy, most people comment that I have beautiful hair.  2). Although I am short and fat, some people would die to have a body like mine. 3). People tell me that I have a pretty face. 4).

Emotional: 1). I am kind. 2). I have a fun personality. 3). I am artistic. 4). I am creative. 5). I am single survivor. 6). I am smart. 7). I am a good friend.

Self-Control: 1). Even if I have to start over again and again, I dont give up. 2) I am very resourceful. 3). I am economical.

How to change Dislikes into Likes

I need to lose 50 lbs. I need to take my mind from the things that I cannot do (physical limitations) and focus on the things that I can do. I need to do a little at a time, one day at a time. I need to take time everyday in pursuit of the greatest desires of my heart, and that includes to be at my ideal weight.

What would you do if you were at your ideal weight right now? I would buy myself something sexy. I would take out my sewing machine and make some pretty vintage clothes to show off my new body. I would flirt more. I would go dancing. I would feel better about myself. I would have more energy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dance all the time when cleaning house, etc.  Great exercise and burns the calories & it's something I love to do & it's free.  I know how ya feel though.  I have physical limitations too but I try to ignore them like when I go walking;  I walk up the hills and jog down them.  I'll pay for it the next morning and can hardly move out of bed but I still do it cuz it's only temporary.  We just have to keep trying no matter what.  Hugs,  Dana
http://journals.aol.com/rainy35/RoadToSuccess

Anonymous said...

Perhaps we are really twins that were separated at birth??? (lol)  I have so many of the same likes and dislikes.  I can't dress a ruler either.  I used to want to lose 50 lbs...now I am up to about 70.  I weigh 234 and I am 5'6" tall (ok, I'm not short...maybe we are not sisters...lol)  

Maybe we can work on this together?

((hugs))
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

I think its a good idea to do what you did here...put all your likes and dislikes down. Makes you really sit back and evaluate . I think it.
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

I liked reading your journal --a lot of positive thinking,  I lOVE THE PICTURE-- OF WHAT IS POSSIBLE.  Where can I get the picture of myself on what I look like now and then what my my new body can look like?
-----LOVE, MARY  

Anonymous said...

i feel the same way..  i loved reading your entry.  thanks.
Dondie

Anonymous said...

Great entry Wyn! Being only 5 ft tall, I can totally relate to the short & fat image. I like the fact that after you made the two lists, you sought ways to fix what you don't like. Being productive & positive will always bring success and you are already winning the war my friend. :)

Pooh Hugs Of Friendship!
Linda~