Tuesday, February 20, 2007

FAT Tuesday

FAT TUESDAY~ the day of the feast before the fast. What was on your plate today? For me, it was the last of the flour tortillas.

Growing up Catholic, Ash Wednesday is the beginning of Lent, the 40 days and 40 nights that the Lord fasted before his death and resurrection. (Real) Catholics still believe in the old traditions of the church, such as refraining from eating meat on Fridays. We are no longer obligated to do so, but I love the traditions of the Catholic faith, and by choice, I keep them, because I think they are beautiful traditions that should never die.

People have already done away with God in so many ways. Praying with Jesus in the desert, accompanying him through this difficult time in His life, is the choice to remember Him. Although He is someone I reach out to on a daily basis, this time is a special time, a time for renewing my Faith, a time to renew my spirituality, a time that always makes me feel even closer to God. 

Besides food, this FAT TUESDAY brought me an abundance of men all in one day. Does this mean that I will have the opportunity to choose "the one."

Is it possible that my McDreamy is in this batch?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mc dreamy? I'll fight ya for him  ;-)
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Anythings is possible!  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy